Thursday, August 1, 2013

my everyday style: grey days!

Recently a few windy and cool days (yes, the weather is completely up and down here!) had me running for denim, scarves and sweaters! Can you believe it? My weekend in Chicago was so chilly (albeit very cozy!) it actually felt like fall.  It was all slightly ironic seeing as I was recently in a sweater mood.  So I guess you have to be careful what you wish for! After a cool couple of days I am ready for some warmer temps now (I'm just as up and down as the weather I guess!).

Here I took a simple pair of jeans, a summer scarf and a linen summer sweater and I was all set for a chilly July day (as crazy as that sounds...).  I recently invested in these gorgeous AG jeans... they are seriously the softest and stretchiest jeans I have ever owned (they feel like leggings or sweats and I am not even exaggerating!) and I love the the dark, dark denim look which is so sophisticated and classic.  I am thinking about hemming them to ankle length which seems to be my favorite length lately.  And while it's a small pain to have to bring a pair of jeans that you just $splurged$ on to the tailor, I think it's absolutely worth it to love these jeans as much as I can, as I think they will be getting a lot of wear!  I'll keep you updated on that though!  In truth, I've never had a pair of premium denim that I haven't had to hem.




Details:
Scarf, Gap - on sale + 40% off
Jeans, AG
Sweater, J.Crew - on sale + 40% off!
Bag, J.Crew
Flats, Sole Society

see you around...

 

site design by kiki co.