Wednesday, July 17, 2013

the ultimate summer mani/pedi!

I've completely ditched the nail salon this summer in exchange for home manis and pedis with fun and bold colors and combinations.  Summer is the perfect time to throw caution to the wind and have a blast with your nails. Why not?

These three color combos are some of my current favorite to sport... sometimes they feel a little bit out of my comfort zone but that is what summer is all about - taking the time to go a little crazy every now and then!

(above) I could wear these two colors indefinitely... I almost have to make myself choose something different most of the time. Pink & nude are the perfect combo... I prefer pink ("secret story" by essie) on my toes and nude (''ballet slippers" by essie) on my fingers, but either way would be great! Top off your mani/pedi with nude sandals (on sale!) and neon accessories (clutch & earrings).


(above) This is another common combo that I choose. Who would have thought that lavender ("go ginza" by essie) and bright flame orange ("meet me at sunset" by essie) would be such a good combo?  I like to pair these nail colors with classic neutrals like a camel colored handbag, navy striped dress and a blingy ring!


This navy ("Bobbing for Baubles" by Essie) and mint ("Candy Apple" by Essie) combo is fresh and fun and quite easy to mix and match with your wardrobe. This blue color from Essie has been a long time favorite and looks surprisingly beautiful with any skin tone.  These two colors are perfect to pair with pastels in your closet for summer like this necklace, sweater and sandals.

I like to finish every mani/pedi with this amazing top coat (it's SO shiny for days!) and a little cuticle oil.
And have you seen these? I would love to try them... my daughter would love them for at-home nail art.

see you around...

 

site design by kiki co.