Tuesday, July 23, 2013

my everyday style: a summer maxi!

Some how I had completely forgotten about my maxi skirts... until just last week! Duh! So naturally they have been on serious repeat lately.  Tees and tanks are always a fun way to style a maxi skirt, but for me the ultimate is to style a maxi skirt with a chambray top. It's easy and comfortable and looks way more put-together than it feels.

I recently wore this outfit out to eat with the family... it was simple and effortless and the perfect outfit for patio dining.  I'm seriously hooked on patio dining these days, for that alone I will mourn the end of summer.  

(however I will not mourn the summer for other reasons... any other moms out there with a house over-run by school aged children on break? help!)






Details:
Chambray Top, J.Crew (similar but less expensive version)
Maxi Skirt, Forever 21 (old - but here is something similar)
Earrings, local boutique
Bag, J.Crew (same shape but summer colors OR same shape in new fall colors)
Sandals, Target (similar/this year's version)
see you around...

 

site design by kiki co.