- stretchy pieces and layers are key, especially if you are waiting a few months to announce your pregnancy.
- reach for the items in your closet that were perhaps a touch too big for your before you were pregnant - this is the time to take advantage of the extra room.
- leggings, tunics, maxi skirts and flowing tops are ideal.
- layering a simple blazer or denim jacket with the buttons left open can really mask a growing tummy area - you would be surprised!
- lastly, grab a few of your boldest accessories to draw the eyes away from your mid section. Earrings, bracelets and necklaces do a great job at this!
- use the rubber band on the jeans trick... this one seriously works so great!
- this is the time to move to maternity clothes, especially bottoms. I loved the Gap maternity jeans with the low band... these are great post-partum as well. (not that you want to hear it now, but you will likely need to wear maternity clothes for a few weeks after you give birth as well).
- tops you may still be able to avoid maternity (where selection is slim) by sizing up on pieces that have generous or flowing cuts.
- sensible shoes are a must - but they can still be cute!, no use putting yourself through the misery of heels when you are trying to carry and balance more weight than you usually carry.
- your nails will likely be growing like crazy these days from all the hormones and vitamins. Treat yourself to regular manis and pedis... you deserve it!
- the end is near... but you still have some growing to do! Maxi dresses, maxi skirts, leggings and maternity pieces are absolute musts at this stage in your pregnancy!
- black is slimming and that is the golden rule of maternity fashion! It is also versatile as well.
- dress up basic black pieces with fun scarves, layers like cardigans and jackets (left unbuttoned) and fun jewelry pieces like necklaces and earrings.
- have fun with accessories as you will likely will begin to bore of your very slim wardrobe choices. Accessories fit any size!
see you around...