The "mom wardrobe essentials" are based on a simple premise: they are stylish and put-together grab-and-go pieces for busy moms. Forget the yoga pants and the gym shoes... I know that those pieces are often easy to grab when you head out with the kids, but they are lacking in femininity, style and really aren't all that flattering. From the many moms I talk to, we all agree it is simple to decide what to wear to the office, or out on a date or other adult on adult time. However, often times it's hard to find wardrobe pieces that work for the in between times - after the gym, school pick up, hanging out at soccer practice, playdates and the like. Would you agree?
These 11 simple pieces will be an effortless foundation for your summer wardrobe and will leave you feeling good about yourself and feeling beautiful!
1. One bold and fun necklace will take several outfits to a whole new level.
2. A simple white oxford top is versatile and stylish (roll up the sleeves for warmer days).
3. T-shirts are my lifesaver this time of year. I love to dress them up or throw them on with shorts.
4. A striped scarf is perfect for cool mornings or cold grocery stores and adds texture and interest to any outfit.
5. A maxi dress with a conservative cut is a great outfit on a moments notice. Have a few of these on hand!
6. Maxi skirts are comfortable and modest (am I the only mom whose kids are always pulling on my clothes?) and goes with simple tees for a comfortable but stylish look.
7. A large tote stylishly doubles as juicebox holders, etc, etc for the long summer months.
8. Simple nude flats go with EVERYTHING and they are so comfortable.
9. Boyfriend shorts are relaxed and comfortable, perfect for the park and playdates.
10. No I'm not crazy. White jeans are great for busy moms. They look very pulled together for lunches or museums and get stain-sticked and washed at the end of the day.
11. I live in flip flops in the summer. I like a nice "dressier" pair to have on hand for comfort and style.