Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Dressing Room Diaries: Gap!

Every so often when I go shopping I figure I might as well take you gals along with me... ya know? Why the heck not?  It's like shopping with your gal pals, except without the lattes and gossip.  It's the next best I suppose.

I have been LOVING Gap lately.  In the past year or so they have seriously upped their game with simple, classic and uncomplicated pieces.  Their clothes are very "wearable" in my book and their summer line has some great pieces to offer.  Here are some of my recent finds and thoughts on their latest summer offerings.

click the "read more" for the full details!



I am really into simple button front tops this season, Gap has a lot to choose from, this one was super pale pink and very light weight for summer. I loved it.  These destroyed jeans were AMAZING! I fell in love with them right on the spot! I always size down on boyfriend cut jeans at Gap.  Keep that in mind if you are looking at buying a similar pair, it offers a better fit in my opinion.

This is my new favorite summer top! I purchased it in navy & this peach shown and I have wanted to reach for one or the other everyday lately. It's super flowy and comfortable. The front is cotton and the back is a silky poly blend.  It's very flattering.  I also wore the peach one here.

I loved this top on the rack, but on my person it was a little overwhelming. The fabric was overly drapey and a little oversized.  Cute style though, I would suggest going down a size.  These jeans were a total winner in my book, when I first tried on the skimmer style I had problems with getting them to fit. Then a guy in the fitting room said to buy them about a half size too small, so they fit SUPER snug and then bring them home and they form to your body. He was TOTALLY right. These fit like a glove now (same with a few other pair of skimmers I have purchased).  Score!

sweatshirt top (I think it is THIS one online) & gingham print top
This sweatshirt top came home with me faster than fast, I love the 3/4 length sleeves. I wear it a ton with a scarf or necklace to dress it up, or on it's own when I am in a cozy mood or the A/C is cranked.  This gingham top looked horrible on me, I love it though.  You should buy it! 


I couldn't decide in the store if I liked this sweater or not, it was apparently very popular because sizing was limited. I would have loved it in navy, but it was sold out in the store.  Neon is a great option, I love how I paired it with a super casual pair of shorts.  You could also dress it up with black skinnies or white skinnies for a night out. I'm all about summer sweaters this year, they are super thin and surprisingly comfortable to wear despite the heat. These shorts? YES!  Snagged them fast - again, I would suggest sizing down since they are the "boyfriend" style. I wore these a ton in California last week.

I blogged about this dress here. And then I knew I had to have it once I tried it on. So comfy. Last time I wore this I got a ton of compliments (score!). This dress completely embodies my definition of style lately. Super comfortable and simple, but cute.  I cuffed the sleeves on a warmer day.

I loved this dress. I would again size down or go petite depending on your body style. This one was a touch big on me.  Gap is really focusing on dresses this season and I love their styles. The styles are very simple but make you feel amazing in them.  This dress was no exception.

I was intrigued by this, Gap says you can wear this piece four ways. As a midi-dress, maxi-dress, midi-skirt and maxi-skirt.  Almost all of the colors are sold out online, but my store had a lot on the rack. Here is the maxi dress and maxi skirt option. I was not a huge fan.  It's not for everybody type.  What do you think? I'd love to hear if you have tried it on before?

pipped racer tank dress
I loved this dress, sadly, my closet doesn't really need more dresses right now.  This dress felt very summer-in-the-city to me... I don't know. If you live in Chicago you should buy it. Does that make sense?

Have you tried/buyed any of these pieces recently? I would love to hear!
Are you loving Gap lately like me?


 

site design by kiki co.