Tuesday, April 23, 2013

my everyday style: red on red!

When I get dressed each day I always want a little something to bring the outfit to the next level. But with MINIMUM effort.  Stilettos, bold patterns, scarves or a statement piece like a funky handbag or bold earrings can easily bring an outfit to the next level that I crave, but as a busy mom... I like to keep in mind simplicity and comfort.

Pulling monochromatic pieces from my closet to create an outfit is also, I've found, a bold and EASY way to get dressed each day.  I've always thought of this sweater and necklace as orange and this blazer as red... but somehow when I pulled the three of them together they all became a similar hue.  Then to balance all the red I pulled in neutral accessories like nude flats and a camel handbag.

Dressing monochromatically works best with layers... multiple layers and textures enhance the power of the color, so it's perfect for this time of year.  Before I pulled this look together I never would have known I owned this many "orangey red" pieces.  I even surprised myself by shopping my closet keeping a keen eye out for similar colors.  






Details:
Blazer, J.Crew
Sweater, J.Crew (similar)
Jeans, Gap (similar)
Shoes, Sole Society
Bag, J.Crew Tillary Tote (similar)
Necklace "Valley of the Sun", Swell Caroline
Sunglasses, Kate Spade (c/o Shop It To Me)

see you around...

 

site design by kiki co.