Tuesday, April 23, 2013

my everyday style: red on red!

When I get dressed each day I always want a little something to bring the outfit to the next level. But with MINIMUM effort.  Stilettos, bold patterns, scarves or a statement piece like a funky handbag or bold earrings can easily bring an outfit to the next level that I crave, but as a busy mom... I like to keep in mind simplicity and comfort.

Pulling monochromatic pieces from my closet to create an outfit is also, I've found, a bold and EASY way to get dressed each day.  I've always thought of this sweater and necklace as orange and this blazer as red... but somehow when I pulled the three of them together they all became a similar hue.  Then to balance all the red I pulled in neutral accessories like nude flats and a camel handbag.

Dressing monochromatically works best with layers... multiple layers and textures enhance the power of the color, so it's perfect for this time of year.  Before I pulled this look together I never would have known I owned this many "orangey red" pieces.  I even surprised myself by shopping my closet keeping a keen eye out for similar colors.  

Blazer, J.Crew
Sweater, J.Crew (similar)
Jeans, Gap (similar)
Shoes, Sole Society
Bag, J.Crew Tillary Tote (similar)
Necklace "Valley of the Sun", Swell Caroline
Sunglasses, Kate Spade (c/o Shop It To Me)

see you around...

No comments:


site design by kelly christine studio