Monday, March 11, 2013

my everyday style: "between" seasons!

While there are times that I enjoy being creative with my clothes... there are actually more times (especially lately) when something as simple as a tee and a blazer is all I need/want.  And that is why it's good to always have a good stock of basics that you love on hand.

The snow and cold are sticking around (unfortunately) and I've found that neutral pieces go a long way as seasonal transition wear.  Most days it's hard to muster bright colors and a spring-y look when it's still chilly and slushy and conversely, heavy sweaters and knee high boots seem so heavy and stuffy for March.  I've found these neutrals to be exactly that: neutral in color and in season so I don't feel like I am wearing specifically "winter" or "spring" clothes at all. I'm somewhere right in the unknown abyss in between.  The wasteland of seasonal fashion, if you will.

How are you dressing for these weeks "between" seasons?








Details:
Blazer, Gap (similar  or similar)
T-Shirt, Old Navy (c/o)
Jeans, Gap
Purse, J.Crew
Sunglasses, Kate Spade (similar... I got mine for a steal on GILT!)
Peep Toe Booties, Sole Society
Toe Nail Polish, "Snap Happy" by Essie (obsessed with this orangey-red for spring!)


 

site design by kiki co.