Thursday, February 7, 2013

my everyday style: nothing fancy!

This outfit is nothing fancy. Just some warm layers on a relaxed Saturday.  Jessica over at Here & Now just wrote about "style blogger" outfits vs. regular outfits. And I admit that I, like a lot of bloggers, get pulled into this insecurity.

I find myself editing the photos I take/posts I write ruthlessly at times for the sake of a good "final" product of a blog.  I often think is this outfit "interesting" enough to blog about? It is "cool" enough for the blog?  And I will be honest, some outfits/posts don't make the cut.  As bloggers we are challenged to stay creative and offer new content on a regular basis, but with a lot of bloggers out there, we also strive to keep our blog worthy of standing out in a crowd. It's a tough line to walk some days.

Usually I wouldn't have even photographed this outfit. It was simple, a little boring and mainly was styled to fit a lazy weekend day around the house.  But you gals have those days too? Right?

As a blog reader (and maybe a fellow blogger) - what are your thoughts on saving only the "good" outfits for the blog versus mixing up the more styled outfits with the more casual looks. I would love to hear your thoughts!

(please note that none of the outfits that I blog are "contrived", I actually do wear all of the looks I feature in real life!)








Details:
Cardigan, J.Crew
T-Shirt, Gap (similar)
Scarf, Gap (similar)
Necklace, Kensie (c/o)
Jeans, Gap
Boots, LAMO (c/o)

 

site design by kiki co.