Tuesday, November 13, 2012

my outfit: a winter parka!

For the longest time I have wanted a winter parka just like this one.  I don't know what was stopping me from buying one. Seriously.  But this year I had a new winter coat on my "want/need" list and I decided it was time to finally snag a parka.  I took advantage of the Gap Friends and Family sale this weekend and got a great deal too.

While it won't be the absolute warmest coat in my closet (my Gap puffer from several years ago will still win that award), what I love about a parka is it's relaxed fit. If I want to do a ton of layers on a cold winter day, it's easy to slip a parka on OVER multiple layers without feeling like the Michelin man.  I also love a good hood... they aren't always fashionable, but let's face it, sometimes they can do wonders saving a hair-do on a rainy or snowy day.  Also this parka has a removable inner lining (perfect for spring and fall!) and the faux fur snaps off if you aren't feeling the faux, or again, for different seasons than winter.  All in all, this coat is a winner in my book.






Details:
Parka, Gap (this coat also comes in white, grey, red, blue and yellow - so fun!)
Striped Top, Gap (similar)
Velvet Jeans, Target - the Target pair isn't available online :/ (similar, but not so cheap)

 

site design by kiki co.