Thursday, July 19, 2012

Birchbox July!

I completely missed out on showing you gals my June Birchbox and I'm bummed about that, because as usual there were some great finds in there!  The June box arrived just as I was getting ready to leave for vacation, so it was a little crazy around here.

But now my July Birchbox has arrived and I am digging in to all these fun samples!

If you are not familiar with Birchbox it is a monthly mailing of beauty samples and other miscellaneous items.  The box costs $10 a month and usually has at least one full sized product, so I always feel like the box is "worth it."  This month the theme was the five senses...  Here's what was in my box!


Here's a breakdown of what the box contained:
  • Jouer Luminating Moisture Tint - let's talk about this first, because it's my favorite piece in the box!  It's oil free, SPF 20 and feels like nothing on the skin.  But it offers a really great healthy glow feel to the skin that is perfect for summer time. I've been wearing this as my foundation all week and LOVE it!  And I just ordered the full size!  (although, this little sample has about a week's worth!)
  • Boscia Blotting Linens - I've never used these and to be honest, wouldn't have bought them on my own. But this summer is a scorcher, so I'm popping these in my purse and can't wait to use them!  A full size package of these contains 100 sheets, but I think 25 is more than enough for a sampler... no?
  • Eyeko Liquid Eyeliner - I haven't tried this because it's purple... but it's not to mean that I won't.  I did test out the liner on my hand and it's got a really nice soft tip with a great line.  And I happen to love liquid eyeliner... so this will get put away for a girls night out.  I think this was a full size liner too - great deal!
  • Oscar de la Renta "live in love" perfume sample - another one I probably wouldn't have EVER tried and I totally love it.  It's like taking your guys' favorite scent and adding a little femininity to it.  I always love mens cologne, so this is perfect for me! (it's not ACTUALLY mens cologne... it just reminds me of it in the best way possible!)
  • Birchbox earphones in neon - these were a fun addition and I'll pop them in my purse for the gym.  They match my gym shoes!
  • Uber LARA bar... my kids ate this before I could snap a picture... I guess they liked it!
If you are interested in signing up for Birchbox... I highly recommend it!  Not only is it fun to get a little package in the mail each month, it's also been a really great way for me to find new products without hanging out at Sephora or the beauty counter all the time! (who has time for that anyway?) Use this link!

 

site design by kiki co.