Thursday, March 29, 2012

drugstore beauty!

I haven't done a beauty post in a while... so I thought it would be fun to highlight some of the drugstore finds that I can't live without these days.  A few are old favorites and a few are new products (to me) that have quickly carved out a permanent spot in my daily routines.

Tresemme Split Remedy Shampoo & Conditioner: I bought these on a whim a few weeks back and I (wait for it...)
LOVE IT!
My hair has terrible split ends now that I wear it longer and get it colored regularly and since I'm not ready to chop my hair off - I knew I needed some type of fix. I can honestly say this has diminished the split ends I had and made my ends in general look healthier.  This is a potent shampoo/conditioner though and I've found a little goes a long way.  I've also found my hair to be a little more oily so I can no longer go more than two days between washing.  But I think it's worth it.

Neutrogena Naturals Face Wash & Pore Scrub: these two have been my go-to for face cleansing for well over a year now. I cleanse at night and exfoliate (almost) every morning.

Elnett Hairspray: this is the bomb.  Don't buy any other hairspray. Seriously. Love this stuff.

Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear: I mentioned earlier this week that a reader suggested this to me (reader? Who are you? I forget, so step forward!) as an alternative to the expensive Essie that I love so much. I was skeptical.  I'm in deep with Essie.  But the other day I wasn't in the mood to spend $8 on a bottle of nail polish (ya know?) and so I tried this instead (which I think was only $2 at Target) and I really like it.  The polish is very thick and goes on smooth and 2 coats lasted me three solid days (the fourth day brought chips and nail polish remover).  This gets a thumbs up from me.

Boots No. 7 True Identity: I have long been on the search for a good foundation and I am super picky. I've tried like 10 different kinds this year and then I finally went back to this True Identity that is an old favorite and remembered how great it is.  My Target has not been great at stocking it lately (boo!) but I'm going to buy some online because I just love it that much.  Plus, I love that it comes in only three colors - I can't distinguish a "bone" from a "fair" to save my life.  This takes the guess work out of foundation.


 

site design by kiki co.