Tuesday, August 9, 2011

reader question: maxi mix up!

Reader question week continues ladies...

Valerie asks...

I have a question! I've sort of stuffed my closet full of maxi dresses this summer....block colors, a gorgeous black one, even a floral one.... but what do I wear WITH them? My denim jacket is getting tired...

A denim jacket is a great accompaniment to a maxi dress... but here are some other tips on how to wear a maxi dress:

  • Tie a button front top at the rib cage over a maxi dress (as seen here) for a fun menswear-inspired look. (I've shown it below with a solid dress, but this would be fun with a floral one as well!)
  • Try a maxi dress with sleeves and bold accessories!
  • Wear a maxi dress with a blazer or cardigan and belt all of the layers.
  • Layer a gorgeous scarf over a maxi dress.


(above: dress, top (to be worn unbuttoned & tied at the rib cage), earrings, watch, nail polish, sandals)


 

site design by kiki co.