Thursday, August 11, 2011

reader question: bridal shower pool party!

Today's reader question is from Hillary, she asks...

I'm getting married this fall and my sweet friends are throwing me a bridal shower later this month.


It's going to be on a weekend afternoon at my friend's apartment (or possibly at the pool house in her complex), followed by an optional pool party. I'm not quite sure what to wear, since I want to look cute for photos but also don't want to look too dressed up comparatively, especially since there will likely be swimming afterward. It's also really hot where I live (in the south), but the a/c tends to be blasting, so some sort of wrap or cardigan would be great!


Too keep your look casual, but sophisticated and suitable for the occasion I suggest the following:

  • Go with simple separates like white jeans or a fun skirt.
  • Use bold colors to give the look some extra WOW factor without feeling too dressy.
  • Wear a super fun pair of heels or wedges for a feminine and party-worthy feel to the outfit.
  • A simple scarf or cardigan can be easily shedded once outside.





 

site design by kiki co.