Tuesday, July 26, 2011

what to wear: fairs & festivals!

Good old hometown fairs are one of my most favorite activities in the summer... there is one in particular a town over that is a 4-H fair that I look forward to attending each summer.  It's hot and sweaty and the animals smell to high heaven, but the kids have a blast immersing themselves in the farm life for a day (so do I!) and the food can't be beat.  Fresh squeezed lemonade with a pound of sugar in each cup, classic corn dogs, fresh cut Idaho potato french fries fried to perfection and an elephant ear to top it all off makes me - and my family - happy as can be!  It's American tradition at it's finest...




Tilt-a-whirl any one?

5 comments:

Elizabeth .: Have Your Cake Blog said...

Love these sets! Light, breezy dresses are my favorite things to wear to festivals, otherwise I sweat through my outfit down here in Mississippi!

Come by and my Stiletto Hardware giveaway if you like!

Sarah Baucom said...

Great boards! My husband convinced me to go to Bonnaroo this year, and my Sam Edleman sandals kept me sane and comfy. Also, that Madewell tank has my name written all over it!

maria said...

oooh that second one is so fun and so is your new sparkly header!!! I love how your always changing it up, Jill!

Dichotomom said...

I love those boots. I'm a Boston girl who has no business wearing cowboy boots, but I love them anyway.

❤ Dani said...

So cute, love this post! Now I just need to find a fair. :-)


 

site design by kelly christine studio