Tuesday, July 12, 2011

my outfit: simple simon.

Lately it seems like it's late afternoon or evening before I get dressed for the day... mornings hanging around the house or at the gym leading to afternoons at the pool or hanging out in the back yard eventually push showers to late afternoon.  That is what I love about summer.  The days are so long that even "getting dressed" at 4pm makes sense.  

Plus, to me... there is nothing better than ending the day on a fresh note versus a sweaty and worn out note. I love having the extra time to just hang out with my husband in the evenings.  My kids are so busy during the day that they are still headed to bed by 7 or 7:30... then my husband and I try to reconnect during the evenings.


Sometimes reconnecting means sitting side by side on the couch with our laptops working, but other nights it means mixing up some cocktails and sipping them on the back patio and dreaming about the future.


Outfits like this are perfect for summer evenings... a breezy top, perfectly worn in jeans and plain old flip flops fit the bill perfectly.



Details:
Top, Old Navy (similar)
Jeans, Gap (similar)
Earrings, Forever 21 (similar)
Watch, Michael Kors (similar)
Flip Flops, Havianas (similar - but I got mine cheaper on GILT!)


psst... check out what's going on at my other blogs today!

 

site design by kiki co.