Monday, July 25, 2011

my outfit: simple formula!

I absolutely love simple and fresh formulas for outfits. Take this outfit for example, what a no-brainer.  The short shorts and the loose top are a perfect combo for the high temps and ridiculous humidity.  And a fun necklace like this one makes me feel dressed up all day... even if I have no where very important to go.


For fall or a summer evening this outfit would be twice as nice with wide leg jeans or with skinny jeans and flats.  Come to think of it... I totally want to recreate this outfit with wide leg jeans.  Hmmmm.... stay tuned.


Oh, and hello! I actually have hair!  I know... I finally pulled my hair down from the top knot and decided to put the 'ole curling iron to it.  I have taken all of your input on my bangs to heart... I am just going to let them grow out for now... so they are WAY on the long side.  But I'll make a better decision in the fall.  I always love having you snappy ladies to bounce ideas off of.


Speaking of hair... ever since I got the ombre style my hair was seriously fried from all the color.  But I've brought it back super healthy and soft feeling with this awesome leave-in conditioner and this shampoo and conditioner on my hair.  Seriously, I have like brand new hair. It's awesome.  Plus I am only washing every two to three days, so that helps too.


Details:
Top, H&M (similar)
Necklace, H&M (similar)
Shorts, DIY'd (similar)
Wedges, Olsonboy courtesy of JCPenney giftcard

Check out what's up on my other blogs today!

  • love, love, love this Cameron Diaz outfit recreated on a budget. Love.
  • January Jones looks absolutely FABULOUS pregnant, I love her style.  If you are expecting... get her looks!

13 comments:

Naomi. said...

I totally love this outfit and your hair!!!! so cute. And would look just as lovely with wide - leg jeans I am sure. :) .


www.akindofbeauty.blogspot.com

Anna said...

Your hair looks fantastic! I'd really love to try washing my wavy (and in North Carolina's humid summer, frizzy) hair less often - can you give some tips on how to get by washing less?

Cristi said...

Love the contrast of the necklace against the white shirt. Super cutE!

Elizabeth .: Have Your Cake Blog said...

Great look! I have the J.Crew necklace that's very similar to yours and I throw it on with anything to glam up my outfit!

Come by and my Hello Mellow giveaway if you like!

Sarah Jane said...

Jill, you're my fave fashion blob. When will the fall look book come out?

Katie said...

That necklace is amazing!

Paula said...

The necklace and outfit are fab! And loving your long bangs.

Kelly said...

Great outfit! Love the shorts.

Erin said...

I have worn jean cut-offs almost every day this week, lol! Love this easy look.

Amy Childress said...

love this outfit, that necklace does wonders to this outfit totally puts the WOW factor in this outfit.

love and MUST try!!

xox.
www.chaptersofawife.blogspot.com

fashionablemiles said...

i've been using that shampoo and conditioner too and really like the way my hair has been looking and feeling- awesome stuff!

Kate said...

I REALLY love those wedges! Love that they have the leather part over the back heel! So cute!

bella said...

Passed by your page... I like your style :).. This outfit is cute


 

site design by kelly christine studio