Monday, July 11, 2011

my outfit: for the love of max!

I never wear dresses... have you noticed!?!? Partly because I don't own many and partly because I just forget that I have them!  So when I do wear them, it's always a pleasant surprise on how simple and comfortable they are to wear.


I surprise even myself sometimes.  And I do always say I should own more... but I never seem to be in the mood to shop for them or buy them.


What are your best sources for simple and stylish dresses? What are your favorite cuts and styles? Do tell... maybe I can even snag a new one before fall.


For a fun take on the the classic maxi dress... I just tied the side of the dress to shorten the hem a bit and add some texture to the dress as well.


Details:
Scarf, Vintage (similar)
Dress, Old Navy (similar)
Sandals, Forever 21
Bracelet, Target (similar)

psst... check out what's going on at my other blogs today!
  • a simple black dress is the perfect maternity uniform... here's how to wear it two ways!
  • the perfect summer to fall outfit sported by Kim Kardashian... get the look on a budget and be ready for the season change!

9 comments:

Jenni said...

Loving the cute knot at the bottom...so fun! You look great!

Style Journey said...

Love the knot on the bottom! You look adorable pairing the scarf with the maxi too.

I love summer dresses and skirts. They are much more comfortable than shorts in my opinion. I like everything from maxi dresses to jersey knit dresses and frilly skirts.

Chloe said...

I think the best dresses are always vintage ones. They're amazing. Maxi dresses are so comfortable though and I love how you've tied the knot. Very good idea.

C x
Win a Shabby Apple dress: http://memiorsofalittlethingcalledlife.blogspot.com

Orangies Attic said...

I normally never wear dresses either... but it's been so hot this summer I decided to pick up a few and I have to admit I'm LOVING them! Orangies Attic

Shea said...

You are rocking this maxi dress! I love the fun touches--the scarf, the bracelets, and the knotted bottom!

Lauren K said...

I love to buy summer dresses at Old Navy, because they're usually pretty well made and in bright cheery colors.

My current favorite dress is from H&M and it's light coral jersey with a crochet waistband...perfect with gladiator wedges and a beach bag!

Monica Whitney said...

Ah. I love how you put the scarf with this. I would never thought ot pair it with a maxi but I love it!

Ask the Duplex
Enter our giveaway for a $50 Visa Card!

Gretchen said...

I really like some of the dresses from New York & Company. They're comfortable, cute, and flattering.

amber said...

great idea to put the know at the bottom of the dress!! and that scarf is the perfect accessory!


 

site design by kelly christine studio