Thursday, July 14, 2011

my outfit: date night!

Last weekend my husband and I had a date night planned... but I wasn't feeling super hot (I've had this little sinus/cold/nastiness for about a week now - so unfair in the summer!).  But if you are married with kids you know you don't mess around with date night.  In short, you had better be dead on the floor not to go.



So I gussied myself up best I could... while I wanted to wear sweats I found that flats and comfy black skinny jeans were just about as comfortable.  And this pink top is light weight and easy to wear. All in all, a total win.



On top of that we got an outside table at our favorite place and only had to wait like 10 minutes (which is unheard of... we've waited as long as two hours for a table there) so it was definitely worth the effort.  Since we didn't have to wait for a table I got to be snug as a bug in my bed by 9:30pm.  Ahhhhh!



What is your date night style!?!? Wait two hours for a table and be out all night or get a quick dinner and be home by your usual bedtime?  We are a little of both usually...


Details
Sunglasses, Forever 21 (similar)
Necklace, Target (similar)
Top, Zara (similar)
Jeans, Gap (similar)
Flats, Old Navy (similar)
Purse, Kate Spade (similar - but I got mine cheaper on GILT!)

psst... here's what's going on at my other blogs today!

17 comments:

Cristi said...

Love the color of that top.

Sydney Davis said...

you look sublime. An outfit well put together.

LettuceHead said...

We like to be in bed by a decent time too - I can't stay up late like I could in my early twenties - blah! Love the hair, I've been trying a sloppy knot lately too. Cute!

Courtney said...

I love this outfit! That shirt looks wonderful on you, and I wish I could hop over to Zara and buy one myself!

The Pretty Life Anonymous said...

I CANNOT believe how cute you looked when you were feeling that bad! Oh wait, yes I can, I've seen all of your other posts and your are always fabulous. So glad you were able to have such a fun night out!!!

M.O.T.B said...

So cute love it!!!

Chloe said...

Gorgeous outfit. The top is so wonderful.

Cx
Last day to win a Shabby Apple dress: http://memiorsofalittlethingcalledlife.blogspot.com/2011/07/shabby-apple-dress-giveaway-over-here.html

Linda Rose said...

go jill! you're a fox! and so glad that everything worked out so well. i love a no fuss date night where we just got to our favorite place right down the road and just relax together. usually in bed at the normal time. {how boring of us! :) }

SIENA.STYLE said...

i love this look!!!
http://sienastyle.blogspot.com/

SIENA.STYLE said...

i love this look!!!
http://sienastyle.blogspot.com/

Anna said...

you look fabulous! def. a MUCH better choice than sweats! We're going out for dinner tomorrow night - gift certificate from friends - woop woop!

www.simplystylishmom.com

G. said...

Nice casual outfit for a date night! I hate waiting for a table. I'm from Europe - Belgium and lived a few years in Greece too...2 countries where we never wait for a table.People just don't go that often eating in restos I guess... I never did that before, meanwhile got slowly used to it. But 2 h?? Better be an awesome restaurant with a menu like you don't find ANYWHERE else!!

Katie said...

Love the bright pink!

Abra said...

i don't usually comment, but i check your cuteness everyday. i totally should comment more, you deserve it! i can't even manage to get a what i wore once a week, let alone everyday.

love this outfit and i'm slightly jealous of a date night. although, tomorrow night we are hoping to hit the drive-in. ooooh, you should do a "what to wear to the drive-in" post, you could come up with some super adorable stuff i'm sure!

Bestie said...

love that hot pink...it looks great on you! we are a little of both too...if we are out with friends, it's always a later night :)

Kiki's Corner said...

This outfit is super cute :)

Hope you had a great date night :)

kikiscornerfunfashionandfrivolity.blogspot.com

Stacey said...

What is your fave restaurant? I'm from your general area so would love to know!
-Stacey


 

site design by kelly christine studio