Wednesday, June 8, 2011

what to pack: Seattle!

I'm headed out here pretty quick... and of course, the packing list is the one thing that I always want to be effortless, but never seems to be. Uggh. Am I alone!?!?!  I've been checking the 10 day forecast about (rough guestimate, here): 1,567 times a day; and it keeps changing.  So in general I am preparing for rain, sun and mild temps (actually cooler than we are here in Michigan).  Seems easy enough right!?!?

As you know, we are traveling with the kids to Seattle.  My best friend from college lives there with her kiddos and husband and it's going to be serious catch-up-with-my-friend-let-the-kids-run-wild time.  Seriously I could just sit and drink coffee with Jen and let our kids play for four days straight in leggings and a t-shirt.  I'm so excited to see her.  But of course there will be fun touristy things involved as well and maybe even a meet up with a fellow blogger (hell, I can't go any where these days without scheming on which of my internet friends I can see while I am there... I'm going to the grocery store later - anyone? anyone?) and one night out with just the adults!  Whew.... that's a lot to plan for.

I decided to go with some simple items from my closet that will mix and match well and after that - well, just wing it! (these are all actual items in my closet... or close stand-ins for similar items)


In general I could mix and match these items endlessly... all I am looking for are simple and comfortable looks.  Here is just an idea of what I'll be wearing...







14 comments:

Bug and Bird said...

when you posted those pictures, it's like you went shopping for them in my computers "fashion finds" file!!

i love it!

Jenny said...

Hey Jill! I love your blog... so much inspiration!! and this packing list is sooo similar to what I would be bringing! But I was wondering--I absolutely LOVE how you pull off those white jeans you have on the list, but do you have any tips for us ladies of the pear-shaped persuasion? It's SO hard to find a flattering pair of white pants! You make it look so easy :o)

Laura@JourneyChic said...

I'm wearing that very same pink slub tee from BR today! Isn't it so comfy? I have it in pomegranate and wish I'd bought the other color, too.

Lacie said...

Hey Jill! So surprised and happy you're headed to Seattle! I've been following your blog for the last couple of months and that's actually where I'm from! I too am a blogger and aspiring lifestylist. Anyway, hope you have a great time. Sounds like you'll be in good hands but Let me know if you need any food or sightseeing recommendations! Have fun!

krista said...

Have a great time in Seattle! That is where I live- it is supposed to be nice this weekend! Let me know if you need restaurant recommendations...and thank you for all of your inspirations you share daily! Have a great trip! :)

kristen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
kristen said...

I don't know if you'll be near U Village, downtown Bellevue or Madrona but if you are pop into one of those Glassy Baby locations and bring one home. It's the perfect Seattle souvenir! Have fun while you're here! :)

Amy said...

This is awesome! I'm actually in the midst of a trip to Seattle right now (I'm from here but now live in So Cal) and packing for the weather was tough! It was 74 the first 3 days we were here, and now it's 55 and sprinkling. (I know, this is not unusual and yet I'm still so in love with this city!!) Love your list, love your outfits. Hope the weather improves so you can wear the white jeans without getting mud splattered.

Melissa said...

Have a great trip! When Jackie came to Seattle, I gave her a list of recommendations for places to visit, eat, etc. Since your friend lives here, though, it sounds like you won't need that. I hope it's not raining the whole time for you. Do you have rain boots and raincoats for everyone? Or, at least shoes that can get wet when you're walking around?

Kendra said...

Jealous!!! Say Hi to Jen for me!

Maggie Rose said...

Not only do the forecasts constantly change, so does the actual weather! A nice tote bag to hold an extra layer and umbrella is a staple here! Luckily when it's sunny it's really beautiful without getting unbearably hot. Can't wait to see you!! Safe flight!

Anna said...

Def, take your trench and a sweater - we're still getting cold weather up here and there is always the possibility of rain. Make sure you hit up University Ave - there are some fabulous shops there! Have sooo much fun, I LOVE Seattle!

Nicole said...

You are going to have a great time. It's so beautiful there! The Pacific-Northwest is one of my most favorite places on earth! It's chilly there though...so make sure you have an extra sweater or two! My cousin lived out there for about 12 years and I used to visit in the summer and always brought shorts because it was like 100 degrees here and got out there and wore the one pair of pants I packed nearly every day...LOL It's so much fun though! Check out the coast if you get a chance...it's breathtaking!

Andrea said...

Your pack list looks perfect! We are having some weird weather here. Mostly 60's and lots of rain earlier this week. Have so much fun! I love my city :) and I am totally going to keep my eyes peeled for you... is that weird? Maybe, yes.


 

site design by kelly christine studio