Tuesday, June 14, 2011

my outfit: Seattle!

As you read this I'll be making my way home from our FABULOUS family trip to Seattle.  All I have to say is this city doesn't disappoint. Ever.

This is the only place I've ever visited repeatedly where I repeatedly say "I could live here, I could really live here." It's such a gorgeous place with a great pace of life.  It has energy, but not too much.  Style, but it's not too big for it's britches. And I always feel like the West Coast of the States are just leaps and bounds ahead of the Midwest in just about anything.  (case in point: I'm super jealous that my gal pal gets both fresh milk and fresh vegetables delivered.  These are the things that hook me people.)

Anyway, any trip to Seattle is incomplete without a trip to the Pike Place Market. Duh.


We bought peonies, bread, cookies, cheese, fish and more!


Yum, yum and super yum!



My favorite of all are the flowers... so I'll treat you to some eye-candy.  You are welcome.




Details:
Jacket, Gap (similar)
Scarf, Target
Striped Sweater, Forever 21(similar)
Jeans, Gap
Sandals, Forever 21

19 comments:

Andrea said...

fun! I can't wait to see what other seattle adventures you had!

K said...

You can get fresh milk & veggies delivered in Metro Detroit. What is going on in Grand Rapids?

kristen said...

can't wait to hear more about your trip, pretty lady! the weather semi behaved itself while you were here, no?

Mandy @ This Girl's Life said...

Super cute outfit and now I want to visit Seattle even more! :)

Katie said...

Love the outfit. The scarf is perfect. Seattle is awesome!

Amy said...

Love the white jeans and love your bun most of all! It's a great look on you.

Terrie Mathison said...

You look fantastic and take me down memory lane. I walked through pike place market everyday to go to the Art Institute of Seattle. It's such a unique place!

Linda Rose said...

oh man, that looks like so much fun! so glad you got to do that!
ps, your eyes look AMAZING!

Kristin said...

Hi! New reader here! Your outfit looks great but I also really love your hair and make-up! Your cute little bun is so playful and fun.

http://www.longenecker-storyshort.blogspot.com/

Tasmanian Vegan & Minimalist said...

I love the photos. Both fashion and flora wise. This is a terrific site, will check back often. Very chic !

deyoungsters said...

this is kind of random, but your skin looks uh-mazing! I'm jealous! :)

Meg O. said...

You look so cute - very fitting for the city! And oh my goodness, those peonies look incredible! My favorite flower (and not really available much in TX).

-Meg O.

Bug and Bird said...

i've always been in love with the pacific northwest. my husband and i finally decided to visit and honeymooned in tofino, bc, canada this past september. great outfit and great market buys~

Brit said...

We went to Seattle last summer. It is beautiful out there! I've always said that if I could start my life over, I would want to be there.

Chelsea Alise said...

I love that your scarf matches the peonies! <3

Jackie said...

You look adorbs as always. I couldn't believe all the gorgeous flowers that were at such great prices when we were there! Def wish we had that luxury at home-I would indulge every week for sure!

Jenny said...

Looks like a great time! Seattle was one of the few places I've visited where I said the same thing "I could live here". I think it's because it reminded me a lot of Asheville, NC (where my parents are from) - Asheville is a mountain town but it has a very similar vibe to Seattle (which may be why it's often called the "Seattle of the South").

Abra said...

i don't even know if i have ever commented- maybe once? anyway, you are adorbs and inspiring! i have never been there, but have heard fab things about it, i must go. also? have you heard of OBERWEIS before? it is a fresh milk delivery company. i live in indiana and they deliver straight to my door every wednesday. :)

b.a. said...

you look goooorgeous in these pics! and i l.o.v.e the northwest.


 

site design by kelly christine studio