Thursday, June 23, 2011

my outfit: easy does it!

This outfit is the next installment in: "It's Really Too Easy To Get Dressed In The Summer." No?  Just throw on some shorts and top and voila!


After our vacation to Seattle and school getting out... I am finally feeling like I am getting in the swing of things this summer.  What swing of things? Oh, you know the general lack of order and craziness. The un-swing of things, if you will.  It's still a treat to me (and I'm sure the kids) to just mosey around in the mornings and continue to do so in the afternoons as well.  We have summer camp next week, which will bring a little bit of order... so this week we are relishing in the lack of (for now).  I'll self combust in 24 hours or so, I'm sure - just in time for the weekend.


Are you into the swing of your summer yet!?!?  It's just so great, I feel more than ever this summer that I just want to soak, soak, soak it all in.  Even if it is a bit nuts.  My life as a mom with pre-schoolers at home pretty much ends this fall.


I almost can't believe it!


So tell me... what fun summer stuff are you relishing and soaking in!?!? I might add yours to my list as well!


Details:
Top, Old Navy
Necklace, courtesy of Towne & Reese
Shorts, Old Navy (similar)
Wedges, Cynthia Vincent for Target (similar)

psst... check out what's going on at my other blog's today!

14 comments:

Cathy said...

So go with the flow chic! Love it!!!!

simplicityisultimatesophistication said...

so adorable! Love the comfy easy look of this- yet so adorable! Your shoes totally pull this look together! xo

http://simplicityisultimatesophistication.wordpress.com/

Ashlee said...

Yes, but you make "easy" look so good!

kristen said...

Your summer chic is so elegant! You're so tan already! Lucky girl!

Linda Rose said...

I am still trying to get into the swing of things. Really, all I want to do is go to the pool, but I feel responsibility calling my name. But last night we went to an outdoor free concert and it was delicious!

you're looking so cute! you're right, that outfit is totally cheating. but you've earned it for the difficult, long winter, right? :)

Marie @ Lemondrop Vintage said...

I was quite disappointed to miss those fab wedges. Love em.
I am reading a lot, too hot for anything else.

Marie @ Lemondrop ViNtAge

KT said...

I really like how this is such a chic and easy to wear outfit. Perfect for the summer months - cool yet put together. - Katy

Shelly said...

I think this every day...do I really want to post a picture of me in a t-shirt and shorts, a simple dress?? I love summer.

PS I get a little bit sad everytime you post these shoes. I'm still mad at myself for not snagging these last year...

Anna said...

Great outfit! We are still waiting for it to be hot enough here for short shorts but I am looking forward to hot summer days, cold iced tea, suncreamed smelling children and long light evenings hanging out with friends drinking sangria...

- www.simplystylishmom.com

www.StarHughes.com said...

Love this look! It's a perfect outfit for summer. You are so pretty!
Star Hughes Living

Lauren K said...

I've been loving how effortlessly-chic your outfits have been!

I just bought Ralph Lauren wedges (at Marshall's for half price- score!) that are super similar to your Target wedges...and am totally going to copy your outfit from today!!

Teresa: Life and Style said...

Love it... shorts in the summer are a must :)

xo Teresa
www.teresalifeandstyle.blogspot.com

VIVIENNE said...

the shorts look great on you! x

Haute and Fierce

Bug and Bird said...

great summer outfit. i'm really getting into wedges lately, jennifer aniston is one of my 'fashion icons' and i love her because she wears them with both jeans and summer outfits, which i love. i never, ever want a huge wardrobe or an overabundance of shoes because i'm such a minimalist, so if something can do tripe duty with jeans, long skirts, and shorts or dresses, i'm all in!


 

site design by kelly christine studio