Saturday, May 28, 2011

Saturday Scheming...

Hello ladies... I'm popping in on a Saturday - which I haven't done in a while!  It's a little cooler and cloudier than I had hoped to get this weekend started.  But it's not getting me down... I'm just internet surfing and scheming.  A perfectly fine way to spend a gloomy Saturday morning if you ask me!

I'm such a Royal-rat... I'm always scouring the magazines at the checkout and eonline for the latest Royal buzz - so of course I was all atwitter when these pictures were released earlier this week:


Kate Middleton looking fab in a gorgeous nude Reiss dress that not only sold out online in under an hour, but crashed the whole Reiss website.  It was reportedly selling for about $300 USD.

I have a few events this summer that I need a dress for... I'm not much of a dress gal, so I have been putting it off. And likely will continue to until the last minute... that's how I roll.  But at least I am brainstorming on the subject.  That's a start, right?  So why not a fab nude dress... maybe this one?

For my husband's work event: 


For my niece's baptism:

6 comments:

Rachel Larson said...

That dress is awesome! What is Michelle Obama wearing?!

snarktart said...

I love that dress except for the giant black zipper running all the way down the back. I know that kinda thing is "in" but it just looks odd, and if you throw the cardigan over it, it will peek out like a little tail! I really love Kate's dress though. I would have bought it too had I known.

copperdog said...

Kate always looks so amazingly pulled together. Really puts the prom-nightmare that Mrs. President is wearing to shame. I really want to know if Kate does her own dressing or if she has a stylist. Very classy!

Heather said...

Great outfits! I love how you styled the dress differently!!

Brooke said...

It's such a classy and feminine dress, excellent choice!
You always have such a great sense of what to pair things with!

Jenni said...

Super cute! Target is selling a very similar dress to that one right now (except that it comes mostly in bright colors). I tried it on this weekend and thought is was cute except that I'm not a huge fan of the slit in the front...bad things could happen in the wind!

http://www.target.com/Mossimo-Pleated-Zip-Back-Dress/dp/B004I10V74/ref=br_1_3?ie=UTF8&id=Mossimo%20Pleated%20Zip%20Back%20Dress&node=1104830&searchSize=30&searchView=grid5&searchPage=2&sr=1-3&qid=1306866460&rh=sleeve_type%3ASleeveless|target_com_brand-bin%3AMossimo&searchBinNameList=style_name%2Csleeve_type%2Ccollar_style-bin%2Clifestyle-bin%2Ctarget_com_size-bin%2Ctarget_com_primary_color-bin%2Cprice%2Ctarget_com_brand-bin&searchRank=salesrank&frombrowse=1


 

site design by kelly christine studio