Monday, May 30, 2011

my outfit: the one-two punch!

This past weekend was a little rainy and cooler than I would have liked (although today is slated to be just gorgeous!) - so I gave that gloomy 'ole weather the one-two punch.  Or the white-pink punch.  Depending on how you like to phrase your boxing-outfit terms.


Oh and also here is the official unveiling of my new OMBRE hair do!  I sneak peeked it over on twitter last week... but here it is in it's full glory.  My hair stylist really hit it out of the park with this one. I was nervous to try something new - because I'm a huge control freak (kidding, kind of).  But Summer did an amazing job!


It's so fun for summer... I am just LOVING it! I haven't done something this dramatic with my hair in a long time (I'm thinking maybe since the pixie cut of 2001). And wow, new hair styles are fun!


Do you read the blog Ordinarily Urbane? She was the number one inspiration for my hair - so a proper shout out is due here.  She REALLY rocks the look.


What would this world be like without amazing bloggers to copy, errr, be inspired by!?!?


Details:
Blazer, Zara (similar)
Striped Top, Forever 21 (similar)
Jeans, Gap
Sandals, Forever 21
Nail Polish, similar to 'One of a Kind' from Essie

20 comments:

maria said...

AHHH I love your ombre hair....its awesome, looks beautiful on you!!!

Ashley said...

Love the ombre look! I am always sooo scared to try drastic new looks, and you might have {almost} convinced me to do something new and fun! (:

snarktart said...

It funny you just posted this outfit, I was just browsing Gap's website for the perfect white jeans when I remembered you had a pair and I was about to go digging through your recent outfits to figure out which ones ... and you made it easy!
All of the reviews online are terrible for similar white jean "styles" gap offers as they are see-through, but I think these Jegging jeans must be better ... agreed or are they see through and I can't tell from your pictures?

Amy said...

Gosh, I love this blazer. It's the cutest one I've ever seen!!

amy day to day

Jenny said...

Wow girl, you look gorgeous! The hair is so fab on you! Adore the outfit and everything - you hit it out of the park again my friend!

Jill GG (good life for less) said...

@snarktart I wouldn't say that they are see through at all. I do wear nude undies with them though.

Sara Jane Elizabeth said...

Okay, seeing you with the ombre 'do is the first time I've ever liked it. It really suits you! And I love this outfit a lot--as usual!

lizzie said...

Ok, this is the first time I have ever seen ombre hair look this good,you are stylin',go girl :))

Nicole said...

You are rocking the ombre look in a totally doable way. Love the subtle but still cool contrast.

Shea said...

Your hair looks amazing, seriously!! And I've been coveting this pink blazer ever since you bought it!!

Linda Rose said...

i love that you even posted twice on memorial day. you rock!
you look so great. your hair...the jacket...the pants...just looking fab!

Rach is Ordinarily Urbane said...

Your hair looks so amazing! I love the ombre on you and so happy to have inspired you to go for it. Thanks for the shout out, too! x

CC said...

Your hair looks awesome! And I totally love this outfit. That pink jacket is to die for. :)

Michelle said...

ooo I want to see the pixie cut! Love the new style- ombre done right!

Kassie said...

I always wanted my hair to look like that!

Love your outfit. Great colors!

simplicityisultimatesophistication said...

LOVE this pink blazer!

http://simplicityisultimatesophistication.wordpress.com/

PJ said...

your hair and blazer are beautiful!

Shannon I said...

I love the your hair! Were you scared? I have been considering doing this lately and when I saw you had it and it was done so well I was so excited to ask you about it!

Side note: I just started my own blog and I want to thank you because when I got overwhelmed your blogging series motivated me to keep going! Thank you! Your blog is great!

b.a. said...

the hair is PERFECTION! i've been wanting to try the ombre look but i've seen some really bad attempts, so i've been nervous! but this may be my "fall" hair! i'll definitely be taking your picture in as a reference!

Macy Dawn said...

I want to see the pixie cut! :)


 

site design by kelly christine studio