Monday, May 2, 2011

my outfit: getting dressed.

It's Monday and I've been gone all weekend.  Bullet points are definitely in order:
  • Getting dressed at 6pm on any given day, in my book, is still 'getting dressed for the day'. It's just, um, fashionably late or something.
  • Turquoise necklaces always help an outfit out.


  • Jeans with holes in them are infinitely more comfortable than those without.
  • If you have to get dressed late in the day. Go with holey jeans. It adds to the mystique.
  • What 'mystique'? Well, I don't know exactly.  That's the 'mystique' part.


  •  Wearing sandals is very awesome.
  • Finding left-over champagne in the fridge that still has bubbles is even awesome-er.
  • Especially after a day that included cold showers because the hot water heater up and broke and the roof leaked from the endless rain here.


  •  On the topic of awesome, when it rains all day and then stops and the sun shines: also awesome.
  • Cuffing skinny jeans: super awesome.
  • This post is very 'awesome'.


  •  Extra bracelets make up for the fact that you were just wearing yoga pants all day, well, until just a few minutes ago.
  • Bad news: my hair has some serious color problems.
  • Good news: I am trading my hair stylist wardrobe consult services for hair services.
  • The crazy things that my kids were doing 'off camera' while we took these pictures will not be mentioned.  Seriously!?!? Where are their parents?
  • Oops, that's me.
  • When taking pictures after dinner I need to remember to suck my stomach in... Ugggh, you can practically see that big 'ole calzone in my belly.   
  • Speaking of calzones, yum.

Details:
Necklace, Charlotte Russe (similar)
Top, Gap (similar)
Jeans, Gap (similar)
Sandals, Forever 21 (similar)
Bracelets, Forever 21 (similar)

10 comments:

Cassie Lee said...

Haha!! Really cute post! I love the turquoise necklace, it does add something extra to an outfit, always! And you look great, hush about that calzone!

maria said...

Your so right about that turquoise necklace, it brings the perfect amount of happy color to your outfit, so pretty!!

Melissa said...

Awesome post!! :)

jillian :: cornflake dreams. said...

love this outfit! esp the necklace :) what a great pop of color. xoxo jillian:: cornflake dreams

Lili said...

HAHA! I totally agree: Getting dressed is getting dressed, no matter when or where you do it! And what kind of mystique would it be if everyone knew about it? Tsk ^^

Relatable Style

Shelly said...

I love the way accessories make a simple outfit infintely more special! Great necklace, cute post.

Linda said...

You look so cute!
Your hair is not having color problems. I still think it's cute.
The bracelets are AWESOME
Ripped jeans add to the mystique for sure! :)
I miss you already!

rebecca said...

What a gorgeous necklace! And I love all your bangles!

Amber Lena said...

Very cute post! What were the kids doing? ;-)

Amber Lena Fashion Bargainista.com
outfits FOR SALE from $10!

Monica Whitney said...

The color of that necklace looks GORGEOUS on you. And you have the most beautiful, proportionate face I've ever seen. I mean that in a non-creepy way.

Ask the Duplex


 

site design by kelly christine studio