Wednesday, April 27, 2011

my outfit: gingham-get!

I finally bit the bullet and bought a gingham top.  I resisted for a while, but when I found this grey gauzy one on the clearance rack in Old Navy, I knew it had to be mine.  In some ways I feel like I was the last on the planet to finally snatch one.  Isn't that the way it is in the blogging world? A few bloggers show off one piece and it suddenly feels like EVERY ONE under the sun has it.  And that it is *perhaps* (gasp!) old news!


But I'm not buying that last part.  Gingham is still very relevant, very 'summer' and now, very welcome in my closet as well.


To go with some friends for a movie and late night snacks I dressed it up a bit with wide leg jeans and platforms.  But I am equally looking forward to wearing it with shorts and sandals soon as well.  And my white jeans should be warned that I am coming for them soon too...


Really, what WOULDN'T this shirt go with? Not much!


Details: 
Top, Old Navy
Jeans, Gap
Key Necklace, Forever 21 (similar)
Belt, Gap (similar)
Shoes, Target (similar)
Bracelet, courtesy of Towne & Reese

14 comments:

Kenya said...

Really cute outfit ..love the gold accessories! Gingham is classic piece, so no worries your the last one on the boat :)

letsmakeadeal-us.blogspot.com

Jackie said...

Oh, I love your top! I have an Old Navy trip planned this week-I will have to peep it out!

Lili said...

I don't have a gingham shirt either, but I'd very much like to... Now, that is. Would you have asked me last year (before blogging ^^) I probably would have passed, haha!

Relatable Style

Paige said...

I love it the outfit! And you'll get so much wear out of that shirt. Just go ahead and call it your summer staple :)

BigBearswife said...

very cute outfit!~

Michelle said...

I have NO gingham... I am going to have to get some! It is so cute!

Amy said...

There's something about a gingham shirt tucked into wide-leg jeans or boyfriend jeans. I love it!

amy day to day

Linda Rose said...

Oh yeah, this is so great! And I'm totally jealous of your sunshine!

Nav said...

love the look and i am liking the color of the belt. I might have to just get the Gingham top too now! haha talk about starting another trend.

http://navlandstyle.blogspot.com/

Kelly said...

I've got the same gingham top (only in blue) and it's SO perfect for the warm weather. The material so so breathable and comfortable. Great outfit!

Kelly
Enterkelly.blogspot.com

Chloe said...

Gorgeous shirt, perfect for everything.

C x
http://memiorsofalittlethingcalledlife.blogspot.com/

Shea said...

I love how you dressed up this gingham shirt! And you're not the last to get on the gingham bandwagon, I still don't have one :) But now I definitely want one!

MissB said...

I love the flare pants! They look so good on people! I have yet to find a pair that flare to my satisfaction but I'm on the hunt!

kenzi said...

I just bought this shirt the other day in brown. I pair it with a brown boyfriend cardigan over it with the sleeves rolled. It looks adorable and I'm usually not one for collared shirts.

http://thecardiqueen.blogspot.com


 

site design by kelly christine studio