Thursday, April 14, 2011

my outfit: color blocked.

I've been super eager to try out the new color-blocking trend.  So here is my first stab at it.  It's pretty darn easy!  I'm not a HUGE color person - so while this outfit would have been truly color-blocked with a royal blue blazer or green pants or something... this is my interpretation of the trend.  Totally cool. Totally wearable. Totally 'me'.


Did I ever mention I live right near a river? In the evenings the sun gleams off of it just so (even more so this time of year when the brush in my neighbors' yard isn't grown up too much to block the view).  So while the lighting was a little 'off' for the pictures, I couldn't help but use this backdrop for the photos the other night - because it's such a rare and gorgeous time of day.


The river is dammed to be a recreational 'lake' on the stretch of it near our house.  So in the summer it's all abuzz with boats and water skiers and wave runners.  There is something fun about living near water... I don't know what exactly.


And, hello!?!?! Should we like break out the bubbly or something? The first WHITE JEANS WEARING of the year - yippee!  These are from the Gap - the cropped legging jean.  They are super-duper tight and I almost didn't buy them, but I was chatting with the Gap gal in the fitting room and she said once I wore them for an hour or so they would be in all of their stretchy glory and be super comfortable.  She was totally right.  I love them.


Are you looking forward to white pants as much as me this season?


I'm participating in...
Bloggers Do It Better
... you should check it out!

Details:
Scarf, Target
Blazer, LOFT (similar)
Red Top, Gap (similar)
Jeans, Gap
Shoes, Sam Edelman (similar)
Watch, Michael Kors

23 comments:

Kendi Lea said...

Darling! I love this outfit so much. And yes -- I'm just as excited to be busting out my white jeans this spring.

theeclecticlife said...

I love your jeans! They look amazing on you.

Elizabeth said...

Love your take on it! I was nervous to try it out for the first time but I went all out with a pink linen shirt and fire engine red shorts and I ended up loving it!

Mrs. Biscuit said...

You look so summery in your white jeans! I love the colorblocking trend, especially since I love solid colors so much! Your white watch with your white jeans has me thinking about summer days and picnics for some reason... Happy Thursday Jill!

<3 MuffinLovesBiscuit

kristen said...

I bought my first pair of white jeans this year! I'm so excited! You look darling! I'm going to try to recreate this look!

Jenni said...

I am loving Gap this year for denim...it's my go-to spot for sure! Love this look on you...you look great!
www.foundinmycloset.blogspot.com

SherryB said...

i just bought my first pair of white pants this year- I have always been scared of wearing them. I love them!! I'm so excited!! And I love your outfit- super cute!!

Sherry B
http://theburnettlife.blogspot.com

Amber Lena said...

Agreed! I'm soooo excited to bust out the white jeans. Now if I could find a pair that fit as good as those do on you!

Amber Lena said...

P.S. PrettyShinySparkly is doing a color blocking challenge next Tuesday. :-)

http://prettyshinysparkly.com/bloggers-do-it-better/

amber said...

love the outfit! i can't wait to bust out my white jeans either :)

Carol@TheDesignPages said...

I love the colour blocking. Great outfit but I thought we were supposed to wait for May (Victoria Day in Canada) for white pants. Is that an outdated rule?

Monique said...

Love your take on color blocking!
Monique xx

misszuman.blogspot.com

Jessica said...

I just bought my first pair of white jeans today! I'm super excited about them (but super nervous about them going up against my 2& 5 year olds!).

Anonymous said...

I love all the color blocking I'm seeing on the web. You did a fantastic job at it too! Need to try this trend asap.

Pretty Little Mountains

Fashion Confessions of a Mommy said...

Very pretty. A nice subtle way to follow that trend. Pinks and orange just pop over white.

http://fashiondivamommy.blogspot.com

My Heart Blogged said...

I'm hoping I can find a great pair of white jeans for this summer. They look so fresh on you.
My Heart Blogged

SarahandtheRoad said...

I brought out my white pants earlier this week, and was happier because of it! Spring IS here! Love the look!

shealennon said...

What a perfect take on color blocking! I love how you made this trend work for cooler temperatures!

suzanne said...

those jeans are awesome! i've been trying to find which Gap jeans i want this season and i was afraid that the legging jeans would look too spandex-y. but you make them look great! thanks for showing us how it's done :)

-suzanne
awkwardly chic

JB said...

I definitely want to give this trend a try! Love the colors you chose.

Still Blonde after all these YEARS said...

The white pants with all those brights totally work. Love the scarf. Nice shots!

Please visit me here and see how a 49 year old does Color Blocking! http://stillblondeafteralltheseyears.com/2011/04/color-blocking-two-ways-outfits-modeled-by-women-over-45/
The Chief Blonde!

Marissa said...

White jeans are my favorite. I don't care what anyone says, wear 'em all year round! :) Just discovered your blog through the BDIB project. Excited to connect!

XO
Marissa

Nnenna said...

I love the fit of your jeans! Gotta check them out in my local Gap! :)

star-crossed smile


 

site design by kelly christine studio