Monday, March 14, 2011

my outfit: WWPD?

What Would a Princess Do?

I went with my daughter to Disney's Princesses on Ice last week. It was a blast, the performance was really great (I tend to be skeptical about these types of things) - but it was super fun and I couldn't decide what was more fun to watch - the show or my daughter's face lighting up as her favorite princesses took the spotlight.

So what does one wear to see the princesses? Well... the Snow White costume, of course!  At least if you are three.


For me, I went with a dash of pink.  Can't go wrong there!


And stripes.  Two of the most simple items ever. 


How was your weekend? Did you get some good relaxing and fun in!?!? I'm still slaying the lion that is March, but we are getting there.  The weekend always refreshes me - my husband is such a great dad and doesn't mind playing catch up with the kids over the weekend.  That also lends me a great amount of relief and resolve to get up and do it again on Monday.




Details:
Scarf, Target
Jacket, courtesy of Tulle - it's on sale!
Striped Sweater, Forever 21 (similar)
Jeans, Gap (similar)
Flats, Sam Edelman (similar)

16 comments:

kristen said...

Looove your hair! The pink is gorgeous too!

Christine said...

This is super chic! Plus, it doesn't hurt that your hair looks incredible!
http://work-it-blog.blogspot.com/

Jewelscapes Handmade Jewelry said...

Ahh, to sweet, your lil girl is adorable!. I took my daughter to Disney Princesses on Ice when she was little too, and I agree, the show is surprisingly good! I love everything about this outfit and your hair too.

Hayley said...

Such an ADORABLE little princess! and mom, youre looking good too!

My Heart Blogged said...

Your daughter looks so cute, and you look so chic.
My Heart Blogged

maria said...

YOur pink scarf is perfect to chase those winter michigan blues away and that snow white of yours is soooo adorable!!!! what a doll!

Marie @ Lemondrop Vintage said...

I can never wrap a scarf that well!
Marie @ Lemondrop ViNtAge

Les said...

Your hair looks great!

Amy said...

It's been awhile since I left a comment (too long!) and I just wanted to say 1. your dd is so cute! and looks like you, 2. love the way your scarf is tied (can you do a little tutorial?) and 3. LOVE your hair! Did you just curl it with a curling iron? My hair color and length is very similar to yours (after I cut 3" off it today! yea!) and I must try to curl it like this! Love it!

Lili said...

You look great! I love neutrals with a pop of color, recipe for my fave outfits :-) But... Great outfit aside, I would have preferred to see you in a Snow White costume too :-D Maybe next time?

PS: Your daughter's cute excited grin is priceless! :-)

Relatable Style

karen★ said...

your hair looks absolutely amazing here. i wish that my bangs would stay put the way that yours always seem to.

the pink scarf was the absolute perfect addition for your special princess night!!!

YOUR DAUGHTER MAKES ME WANT TO HAVE A GIRL. NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

liz said...

Too cute I love the pink!

Linda Rose said...

i love everything about this. you look great! and i love seeing your little princess all dressed up!
i filled out the survey already, but i couldn't think of anything i want to see more of until now. I'd love to see more of how you dress your kids and just your kids in general. they're so stinkin cute and you do a great job of making them look like a reflection of you, but they still look like kids.

Eve said...

Abigail is so cute! I hope we see more of her on your blog! you look lovely as well :)

GoodFrameofMind said...

You're so cute - I love the pink with the black and white stripes :)
It's nice to meet ya!

Jen said...

I just started following your blog, but I was so tickled to find this because I've been HUNTING (okay, somewhat lazily, but still desperately) for a faux-leather jacket with that type of collar for years. Yay! I clicked over and bought it on the spot. Cross your fingers for me that it fits well.


 

site design by kelly christine studio