Monday, March 21, 2011

my outfit: spring green!

I actually wore this outfit on St. Patrick's day... all the while claiming I don't own one piece of green clothing. Um, look down girlfriend.  This is more 'olive green', but still.  This is my brain. These are my kids. This is my brain on kids. Crazy stuff peeps.  I still haven't regained the lost brain cells from pregnancy and that was over six years ago.  Forget drugs, hormones are wild.


Speaking of green, or lack there of, or both... see my grass? You know, that brown-grey stuff I am standing on, yes, that's grass.  This is Michigan. This is winter.  This is Michigan on winter. (Am I the only one that still has the 'just say no' slogans from 1985 (wait, you weren't alive in 1985? uh oh!) ground into my head? (I guess they worked.)  Eggs and frying pans anyone? I still shiver with fear when I fry an egg.)


Any way... all we need now is just one big huge rain and this stuff will come back to life.  Although I hate winter, I love the constant change here in Michigan. There is always something changing and growing and dying.  I love to work in the yard... so as it warms up, I'll be out finishing all of the yard chores I neglected last fall.  My husband and I hope to do some improvements to the yard and flower beds this year too... so I am excited to start getting my hands dirty.  Do you love to tinker in the garden?


How was your weekend people? Is it getting warmer where you are?



ps. After reading through ALL of the questionnaire responses, I have updated my FAQ... check there if you had a question, it might just be there!

Details:
Earrings, Amrita Singh (similar, but I got mine cheaper on GILT!)
Top, Target
Jeans, Gapn (similar)
Clogs, Ugg
Bracelet, courtesy of Towne & Reese

18 comments:

Ingrid said...

Oh Jill,
You crack me up! I thought I was the only one with Mommy brain. Seriously I had the best memory ever before kids, now for the past eight years I can't remember names and many other things. It drives me crazy!! I am glad to know I am not the only one who struggles with this! My girls made me find something in my closet with a green tone to it and too only had olive. I am sure it is nice to see your grass and not snow! I grew up in the midwest and miss the snow so much now that I live in Seattle.

Mama Marshmallow said...

It's been soaking wet here on the west coast. I am so over it. I love gardening. Especially those first warm days when you get your gardens ready for Summer.

Jackie said...

Love that top! Looks super luxe, wouldn't have thought it was from Target.

I remember that drugs commercial. They pretty much crammed it down your throat back then. I think they should bring it back-I found it quite effective!

Rebecca said...

I really like that top. Olive green is one of the best greens!

Les said...

Love the top! It isn't any warmer here in Washington state either. I'm trying to coax the weather along with pastel nail polish and nautical-print tees.

My Heart Blogged said...

I live in Ohio so we are in pretty much the same boat in regards to weather. This friday, and saturday were gorgeous here though.
My Heart Blogged

Jenny said...

I have Mommy brain so bad some days - it scares me. Seriously. As for the weather, Spring is here and almost gone (well, it feels that way), it's supposed to be mid to upper 80's for the next week or so. Air conditioning is on, everything is coated in a thick layer of pollen and people are mowing lawns ALL DAY long (or so it seems). A big hint that Spring has sprung here is that everyone is gearing up for the Masters, which means I stay the heck away from the golf course which means that I have to go to another grocery store on the other side of town and I hate that. It also means that my next door neighbor is having his house powerwashed because they rent it out. Which means in a little over two weeks there will be parties every night there for the golf crowd. Wah, wah I'm complaining and I don't mean to, maybe my hubby and I should crash one of those parties this year - lol!

Sara K.S. Hanks said...

Green or not, that blouse is tremendous! I love how relaxed and easy it is; good choice with the halfway tuck.

Linda Rose said...

I totally agree with you about the hormones and I've never even been pregnant! Holy Cow, they're terrible!
Oh a happier note, I LOVE this outfit! Those jeans are terrific! And that shirt fits you so well. Plus, it looks totally comfortable! Love it!

Amy said...

Love the top, Jill! Can't believe it's Target! I can totally relate to mommy brain (and the ads from the 80s...see some of your readers are almost 40!). So, I love your hair and it's very similar to mine (but yours is better) and I was wondering if it would be OK with you if I took a copy of the picture from this post where you're looking down and showed it to my hair sylist so she can cut my bangs like yours?! I've been trying to *explain* to her what I want, but a picture would be so much better! Thanks!! :D

Karri said...

That's the Target shirt you recently purchased?? If so, wow. I may need to scope that out!
Love the jeans.
Yes, I so remember those commercials. Quite vividly. And yes, I also possess the mommy brain. I am lucky I was not fired whilst pregnant or after, due to the multiple things I forgot. I swear that I would have never graduated from grad school had I done it after I had these babies!

Kelly said...

I love this shirt, it's gorgeous!
And it is NOT getting warmer here. I woke up to a blizzard this morning which crushed all spring hopes and dreams. But I guess I live in Canada and that's what you can expect...

Bekah: Matters of Merrymaking said...

This color really makes your eyes pop!
And although I was born in '88, anything with Johnny Depp in it has been passed on to our generation one way or another!

matters of merrymaking

Christine said...

beautiful top! Amazing!
http://work-it-blog.blogspot.com/

Jess said...

Every time I fry an egg, I imagine it is my brain on drugs. 80s drug commercials sure do stick with you.

Jill said...

I was born in '86 and remember those commercials too, so either they just kept playing them forever, or it just took that long to get to Canada :P

Carrie said...

So jealous that your grass is visible. We are having snow as I type this. And snow for the next couple days. Grrrr..... So sick of winter! I am off for vacation next week but until then I reserve the right to complain often, and loudly!

http://everydayinjeans.blogspot.com/

Cindy said...

Love how you paired the olive green w/ orange. I'll have to try that! I just wore that top to a birthday party over the weekend. I got a few compliments on it! I styled it w/ a belt over the top.


 

site design by kelly christine studio