Thursday, March 31, 2011

my outfit: pink + red!

Truth be told: this outfit didn't make the cut the first go round.  

Let me elaborate.  We took these photos a while back and I didn't like them.  So I never posted them.  Then when I went to get dressed yesterday and I felt super lazy.  So I basically didn't get dressed. But then, when I went to blog - well, I didn't have anything for you!  Oops!  So I dragged the pictures out of the archives and slapped them up here.  Lazy, picky, silly... I don't know.  The outfit really isn't bad - just for some reason I didn't love it.


I like all of the components of the outfit, I even liked wearing the outfit. Maybe it's just the objective view that is throwing me off.  Hard to say.


What I will say is that the sun was JUST setting... and the light is really great and warm, isn't it?  We had actually been out shopping and when the clock struck 7pm I snatched the kids out of the mall play area and grabbed my husband shouting (well, not really.... but you get the picture) "... the sun is setting!!!!"  I hope no one overheard me, they may have thought I was a vampire.


A fashion vampire!  (wow, this post has gone down hill quick)


Any how... what say you? Yay for the light? Nay for the wide leg jeans with TOMS? Wait, maybe I don't want to know.


Details:
Blazer, LOFT (similar)
Cardigan, Old Navy (similar)
Striped Top, Target
Jeans, Seven for all Mankind (similar)
Watch, Michael Kors

18 comments:

Maggie Rose said...

Hmm, I wonder if you're not feeling it because of the mix of necklines? Maybe if the striped top was lower to be at a similar level as the cardi? Like a scoopneck? Would still show, but not be a big block of stripes? Then some layered necklaces?

I keep wondering the same thing about my Toms - my feet look so small and bundled next to even regular bootcut jeans...

Liz said...

I actually really like this outfit! I want a small blazer like that for spring!
-Lizzy
http://restonstyle.blogspot.com

Monique Zuman said...

CUTE OUTFIT JILL!!

Monique
xx

misszuman.blogspot.com

Elisa @ What the Vita said...

I think the outfit is cute - it just needs a great necklace :)

Kayla said...

i think it's funny that the outfit you don't like is the one i love! those colors are great together.

Linda said...

i'm seriously laughing out loud. you're so funny. i like it and i like the toms with the jeans. you're so cute, you can do no wrong!

kristen said...

I can't get enough of those Toms!

My Heart Blogged said...

I like you used a little more color in this.
My Heart Blogged

Leah said...

I'm ok with the wider leg jeans with the toms. I think the part that is throwing me off is the black blazer with all of the other relaxed pieces. If you had a flowy cardigan over it all instead, maybe in a lighter color...I'm not sure. I really like the orange/red with the stripes!

Tonya {Kotori} said...

Jill - you always inspire me with your outfits! (even ones you don't like! ha).

You have such a good eye for pulling things together; it always makes me want to take a second look at what I've got in my own closet!

Plain Jane said...

I love the Toms! I really need to get myself a pair!

Anna said...

I think a spunky little blazer classes up most anything. You look great!

BTW-ever thought of doing a post on how to wear TOMS?? (or have you already and I missed it?)

There are some new grosgrain TOMS coming out that I love, but have no idea how to wear them.

Cheers!

Kimberly Melissa said...

Sorry Jill I normally love your outfits but I'm not feeling the wide-leg jeans (as much as it pains me to say no to 7fam's) or the black blazer on top! I think it would have been totally cute if it were simpler ... just the cardigan/striped top and maybe some heels!

But i also love your sparkly toms. i needs to get me some of those!

kimberly
drlovesnerd.tumblr.com

kelly said...

i like it...i just bought that top from target on the clearance rack, I really like it and want to go back and get another one. Love red and pink together!

Erin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Erin said...

Whoops...did not mean to delete my comment...the jist of it was that I LOVE your outfit. Would love to try the shirt/cardi/blazer combo someday!

karen★ said...

are you kidding me??!! i love it! i combine a nice jean with toms & blazers ALL THE TIME! it's a go to outfit for the park so that i look like i care about myself....as well as about being able to play with my kids. the whole thing rocks!

karen★ said...

i just read some of the other comments, and i have to disagree with the ones that said to add or subtract something. as a sahm, this has got to be one of my all time favorites...obviously...since i left double comments!


 

site design by kelly christine studio