Tuesday, March 15, 2011

my outfit: date night!

There is NOTHING and I mean NOTHING like a date night with your hubby once you become an 'old married lady' like myself. I love the anticipation, I love not having to cook, I love when the best babysitter in the world confirms that yes in fact she IS free on Saturday night and would love to come hang out with the kids. I love when they tell me it's going to be an hour wait for a table and I am thrilled to have an excuse to hang out with a drink and my husband for an extra hour. I love it all.

Someday I want to make date night at least every other week... but for now I'll settle for once every other month or so.  I'll take what I can get.

My husband and I hum and haw about the best possible restaurant to go to and then I dream about what I am going to order.  We have two restaurants in heavy rotation lately... Green Well and Republic.  Both amazing and with great vibes.  

Can you believe I am not wearing jeans?  I love these cargos, but for winter I have not been feeling them with boots (a little too comandant-style for me). So I was excited to wear them with a simple blazer and wedges for a date.   I can definitely see me wearing more of them this spring/summer.

Also, the wedges from Target gave me a blister AGAIN. What is UP with that? They aren't uncomfortable, they just don't mesh well with my feet or something. Very frustrating seeing as these were going to be in heavy rotation in my wardrobe once the snow melts.  I may try some insoles, or? Suggestions?

ps, a HUGE thank you to everyone that has responded to this questionnaire - you all are an attentive bunch!  If you haven't yet... please do!  I am looking at EVERY single on of them (and we are in the hundreds so far) but I REALLY appreciate the feedback!

Blazer, LOFT (similar)
White Top, Old Navy
Necklace, Forever 21 (similar)
Cargos, Old Navy
Wedges, Target (similar, and hopefully more comfortable!)
Bracelet, Courtesy of Towne & Reese
Nail Polish, Essie Nice is Nice (available in this four-pack)


Caroline said...

If you can find some of those cute tiny socks to wear with your wedges those might help a ton - they saved my life during my last trip to Texas when I packed only my cute and uncomfortable black heeled boots and my cute and equally uncomfortable black flats! Also - my dad who has the most mangled man feet ever swears by moleskin tape :)

Cheryl said...

Maybe a piece of moleskin where the blisters are happening will help? I suffered with blisters during marathon training and found that BodyGlide on the spots bothering me really helped, but I'm not sure how that would work with barefeet and shoes.

Jenny said...

Okay, this girl knows a thang or two about blisters (I hoofed it around many a furniture market and showroom in my time - not to mention my time in NYC). I hate wearing socks or peds or hose so I found the best thing was Band Aid's blister block stick (looks like a small deodorant) and rub it on your foot where you have any issues and it works. I've had mine for awhile and I hope they still sell it. Blisters are THE worst...

heather s. said...

I have the Target wedges that you linked to (bought the tan ones last year and the blush color this year). I lived in those last year but they did give my boss blisters (she bought a pair after falling in love with mine). Hope they work out for you!

Lillymom said...

Try Body Glide....like above. I use it for running and training purposes but I've been known to rub it on my feet in the name of fashion ; )

shealennon said...

I love date nights, and this look is perfect for one! I love the mix of casual pants with a dressier jacket and accessories. Hope you had fun!

Chloe Rushworth said...

I just came across your blog and love it, love how simple but beautiful this outfit is.

Have you checked out my giveaway yet?

My Heart Blogged said...

I really like the cargos. Sometimes you just have give up on shoes. I would try Dr. Scholl's For Her Rub Relief Strips.
My Heart Blogged

Mrs. Moore said...

I also recommend Band Aid's Blister Block. Works wonders!

Lisa said...

Try some mole skin. I work at a shoe store and thats what we always recommend for blisters.

Sara said...

Hi Jill! I just scoured your blog last night for pictures of those wedges! I see Target has them on sale this week, buy 1 get 1 50% off. I was thinking the tan and the black, but the blush ones are pretty too. What do you think? I have a nonexistent wardrobe, definitely starting from scratch! Thanks for your help! Really enjoy your blog!

mylookinglass said...

You don't even have to go to the trouble of buying a new product for blisters. Just rub some Vaseline or Pawpaw Ointment on the spots where your shoes rub and that will stop it from rubbing. I don't know why, it must be a lubrication thing. Works a charm!

b.a. said...

so agree with the date-night commentary. HOWEVER--once a month? or every other?! girlfriend! getyerass on some dates! at least once a month! if anything, it's a GREAT excuse to get all hot-lookin'!

VICKYFF said...

"Life is like riding a bike, in order to keep your balance you gotta keep moving!"
this was so beautiful and peaceful and made me happy for you.
Wedding Dress
This site is a can refer to the choice of browser may help you see
Welcome back. Wonderful photos, wonderful story. So glad you could be there.

SHOEGAL said...

As a couple of other commenters have said above, Blister Block Stick is definitely the way to go.

Great outfit!

Allison Young said...

i love this look!!



site design by kelly christine studio