Tuesday, March 22, 2011

my outfit: come to mama!

The shoes are mine. And now you all can breathe easy... I know it was troubling you as much as me. (no?) Buying $19 shoes from Target is apparently a sleep-losing-decision for me.  Dropping $4 on a latte though doesn't get a second glance. What is my world coming to? Coffee before shoes? 


I will say they are VERY comfy... the key to super high heels for me is an ankle strap.  It steadies my foot or something, makes it a lot easier to walk in than if these were just pumps.  True facts, people. True facts.


This is my 'sitting rock'. Like it? The previous owners of our house had some extensive landscaping done, including having this rock installed. (I'm assuming with a rock this big there is some type of serious installation process).  It blends in in a natural way... in the hot hot summer it's perfectly shaded and the kids love pretending it's a spaceship, race car, war bunker, etc.  In a few weeks daffodils will sprout all around it. I kind of heart it.



I loved the effortless style of this outfit. The super high heels & fancy bun were the perfect ying to my husband's casual belt and ripped jeans yang.  I'm not gonna lie, the belt got ditched after a trip to our favorite local Mexican place. We all ate ourselves into oblivion on chips and salsa and then the food came - am I the only one that does that?!


Details:
Sweatshirt, Target (similar)
White Top, Forever 21 (similar)
Belt, Husbands (similar women's version)
Watch, Michael Kors
Jeans, Gap (similar)
Shoes, Target
Nail Polish, Essie: Topless & Barefoot, my new *absolute* favorite! (dear essie, I better not get weird google hits for that nail polish name, k?)

17 comments:

Lili said...

Same here: High heels work when they don't slip off my foot ^^ I recently discovered the miracles of double-sided tape just under the heel inside the shoe. All that stuff they sell in shoe stores never did it for me but tape holds my foot down all night in open pumps. Yay!

Relatable Style

M.O.T.B said...

One of my favs! Love the sweatshirt over the button down.

Linda Rose said...

Ha ha ha! This post made me laugh out loud a few times. I absolutely take belts off half way through the day! I barely leave the house with it on. But chips and salsa will do it to me every time. I could eat my weight in chips and salsa.
Also loved the search engine joke. Bob and I high fived over it! Ha ha!
Oh, and beweare that I will be copying this outfit soon. It's so cute!

My Heart Blogged said...

I love your belted sweat shirt. I think I saw the same one at target on Saturday. Oh my boyfriend, and I totally stuff our faces with chips before our meals come. Why are restaurant tortilla chips so much better? It's so strange but they just are.
My Heart Blogged

Lydia Marie said...

I love those shoes! And chips and salsa get me every time.

Shopping and Spreadsheets

kristen said...

Jill, you look ADORABLE. Absolutely adorable!! And yes, to the chips. I've started just boxing my entree right up.

Dana - Curvy With A Side Of Confidence said...

I love this outfit. Effortless style describes it well. I love heels with jeans and the rip in the jeans makes it that much more interesting.

Savvy in San Francisco said...

Seriously cute shoes for $20! Love Target! I do the exact same thing with chips and salsa. I am always stuffed by the time dinner arrives. I don't want to even talk about how many calories are in that basket of chips! UGH!

ashley @ a {little} dash of ash said...

Loving your bangs in these photos and that watch is amazing :)
*Ashley {a little dash of ash}

Dawn said...

I love those shoes..tried them on last week, my only thing is I am 5'8" so I always hesitate to buy high heels, but I love them...hmmmm...I also bought that sweatshirt in grey...it is sooo soft!! Love how you belted it!

shealennon said...

I adore this casual but still really put-together look! And I'm trying to hold back from running to Target right now to buy those shoes!!

Jackie said...

Love this look! I'm posting an outfit tomorrow that has a belt, skinny jeans and chunky heeled sandals too! Love the pose of you sitting on the rock-so cute!

mythreesons said...

Love you look! I also love your hair. I'd love to see a tutorial on how you do your lovely bun. Mine is always a mess!

Mrs. Kat said...

I'm the same way with these shoes!! I've been going back and forth too! And now they are sold out online. I guess I waited too long :(

Jill said...

Glad you got the shoes! They are really adorable. I know how you feel about shoes vs. coffee--I hem and haw about buying any piece of clothing or shoes, even if they're inexpensive, but a coworker asks me to go for a coffee and I don't hesitate before I'm out the door and my wallet is $5 lighter.

Looks & Books

Elizabeth @claritychaos said...

love this look on you, jill, and love all of these shots!

karen★ said...

Beautiful. That sitting rock should be hearted!

OK...this outfit is one of my most favorites. The heels are literally calling me and with your husband's belt? So so great!


 

site design by kelly christine studio