Thursday, March 24, 2011

my outfit: caring is creepy.

Caring actually isn't creepy.  It's just that when I went to write this post, I was going to talk about 'caring' about what you wear and bam - that song title just popped into my head. And if there is one thing a blogger knows, it is that when inspiration strikes, one best go with it - it could be a while until it happens again.

I've mentioned before how I usually take some time once a week to lay out a bunch of outfits in my closet to keep me stocked up in case of a bad morning (or four).  But to be honest, those outfits usually don't see the light of day. I've also mentioned before that I am an emotional dresser. I have to "feel" good in what I am wearing.  Sometimes an outfit that I laid out in advance is suddenly boring and old-news just because it's been in my closet for a few days.  Sad, but true.

So I usually just go with a bit of inspiration with the pieces I laid out and a bit of what do I feeeeeeel like wearing today.  This outfit was a bit of both of those and a bit of "I don't care..." - but in the best possible way.  It was like the perfect trifecta of pre-planning, spur of the moment inspiration and unbridled carelessness.  Because, really, we shouldn't take our clothes SO seriously, you know?!?

On this particular day I had to pick my husband up from work... he works out by the airport, so it's all industrial and whatnot out that way... he even has these train tracks right behind his building.  So it was a perfect spot for some quick pictures.  Someone commented that they liked my pictures at home because it made me relatable as a mom. I get that. But I have a life and sometimes I bring my camera along on my life.  That is usually how we get a setting like this.  Not because I think let's 'create' a shot - not that there is anything wrong with that either.  But this is my life. Nothing but.

Which reminds me of this quote that I love so much... very true for a blogger (or writer or any type of creative!)

(via pinterest)

I'm hooked on stacked bracelets lately... aren't they so fun!?!? I am hoping to hit up F21 soon to see what else I can find that is stackable as well.

Bracelets, (as pictured above from top to bottom) Forever 21, courtesy of Stella & Dot, Forever 21
Clutch, courtesy of Coquese
Jacket, courtesy of Tulle (it's on sale!)
Red Cardigan, Old Navy (similar)
Ruffle Top, JCrew (similar)
Jeans, Gap (similar)
Wedges, Cynthia Vincent for Target (similar)


Mama Marshmallow said...

I'm with you about taking pictures wherever! I love the stacked bracelets.I was going to get these jeans and I don't think our store has them anymore. Totally missed out on them!

maria said...

LOve those bracelets and your leather jacket, such a great color!

ashley @ a {little} dash of ash said...

love all of your accessories, especially the bracelets :)
*Ashley {a little dash of ash}

Mommyblogger said...

I too am definitely an emotional dresser!

Chelsie said...

That clutch is absolutely to. die. for. Love it!


Kelly said...

A) I love your bracelets!
B) I also like to put together outfits in advance, but have the same problem of getting bored of them.
C) This outfit is amazing!

Ok, phew. I got all my points down :)


Marcie said...

I LOVE that jacket! It looks crappy on the model on the Tulle website, it looks so much better on you!

Christine said...

I am swooning over your jacket! If I fall over are you liable for my injuries?

Francesca said...

I absolutely love this post. I can't even explain why. But, you did a wonderful job :)

My Heart Blogged said...

I love your outfit. The place you picked for pictures is awesome.
My Heart Blogged

Savvy in San Francisco said...

Love your outfit, but especially the shoes from Target! Adorable!

Nicole said...

Great pics!

Jackie said...

Love the stack!

Kate said...

man, we are so in sync. you should have told me you blogged about stacks today, too!


Shen Dove said...

I love the shape and color of your jacket! It looks so great with your Cynthia Vincent wedges! Your clutch is great too, I've never seen one quite like yours.

Shen Dove

shealennon said...

What a beautiful (and so true!) quote. I love the color combination--the coral and olive green go so well together. I'm going to have to try that!

~Chelsea said...

I'm such an emotional dresser too! (That's why I'm so bad at packing lightly!) Loving the colours in your outfit by the way :)

karen★ said...

Eeeek! The whole thing completely rocks! I REALLY love the train tracks in the back. What an AWESOME place for a photo shoot! And the outfit (especially the skinny jeans with the shoes) =completely hot. Love it.

And as for emotional dressing? Amen! 100% agreed!


site design by kelly christine studio