Sunday, February 27, 2011

shop with me...

I have been throwing this post idea around in my head for a while now, but never acted on it.  Basically I find stuff I like in stores around town all the time, and while my blog focuses mostly on what I find on the internet, I thought it might be fun to feature stuff IRL. What do you say? Interesting? Boring?  Sound off - maybe I'll make this series regular, maybe not so much.  (ps, these are all iphone photos!)

~~~

There is a little local nursery/specialty foods/home goods store here in town that is our favorite place to visit as a family.  Likely because they have fun stuff for me to look at and an abundant candy department (my kids favorite, and well, mine too!) and free coffee (my husband's favorite, he's so geriatric like that).  Any way they have a little bit of everything and pull it all off brilliantly.

In the spring, summer and fall this place is our go-to for plants and flowers for our garden. In the winter we have to depend on their floral department for fresh flowers, and it usually doesn't disappoint. 
I love Forsythia branches - so pretty!


I spotted these gorgeous plates - white with silver dots. Wouldn't they be perfect on a plate wall? They remind me of this Kate Spade china (gorgeous!)

Vintage themed postcards, yes please!

I just LOVED all of these fun colored flat-ware.  It would be so fun to set a colorful table with these! (similar)

Green glass for spring!  Which reminds me of THESE in Jackie's shop! So cute!

A garden gnome is always welcome in my garden... how cute, err, handsome?! (similar)

Have you ever seen these single serve hummus packaging? I first had one in a snack pack on a Delta flight (very random, I know!) - but they are really tasty and don't require refrigeration which is handy for lunches, etc.

I am a sucker for good packaging and Lavazza has the best coffee cans. They are so Euro-chic, no?

My kids are endlessly amused with trying on the reader glasses... and the funny thing is, is that I'm endlessly amused with them trying on the reader glasses.  Win-win!

There you have it!  What do you think of this series? Fun? Boring? Want more? Less?  Sound off!

16 comments:

Elizabeth Walker said...

Definitely more! this was so fun to read...I only wish I had a store like this were I live!

Carrie said...

Very fun! Love this post! I love great stores like this that keep us all happy.



http://everydayinjeans.blogspot.com/

Ariel said...

Not good, GREAT!! I love seeing little local shops. So charming and dreamy. Cute kids too! That never hurts!

Jackie said...

You know I love me some photos from shopping trips! Looks like a great little place! And my green glasses just sold on Friday, after having them forever. What a coincidence. I'm actually dropping those off to the customer because they live nearby!

Kayla said...

Love those vintage post cards and I can't pass good packaging to save my life. Like the series. It's always interesting to see other people's perspective in stores.

Ramblings of a Small Town Girl

Christy @ Stylishly Inspired said...

That looks like such a cool store! I wish I had a store like that near me, but then I would probably be broke, lol. Thanks for sharing the pics, so fun!!! =)

Amada said...

Loved the post Kandee! You have an eye for goos stuff. I should take you for shopping sometime haha..
Are those your kids? So cute! You never showed their faces on the blog before. :)

My Heart Blogged said...

I really love Forsythia branches too. I think they look so cute by a front door.
My Heart Blogged

Sara K.S. Hanks said...

More! I love personal touches like this. That gnome is dope.

Stacy said...

This looks like such a great store. I love that colorful flatware and green glass!

jill said...

yes, jill! keep up this kind of post. fun to read and i love gleaning little nuggets of goodness from the blogs i follow. your kidlets are aDORable!! :)

Linda Rose said...

Love it! And I love that you link to similar items that you find elsewhere. It's encouraging me to go find the great stuff around here that I've been missing out on.

Meredith said...

fun fun. i love stores like that, with a little bit of everything. plus, cute kid shots for sure:)
YOURS, MINE AND OURS

Jen said...

My absolute favorite store! I love all the unique finds - now I want to go check it out again!

Kim said...

Please help! I also live in Grand Rapids and just couldn't tell for sure what store you are at. I would love to visit this weekend.

Jill GG (good life for less) said...

Kim, this is Horrocks on 44th Street & Breton in Kentwood!


 

site design by kelly christine studio