Thursday, February 3, 2011

my outfit: grey sweater!

Me and this sweater are pretty much married.  I've been wearing it non-stop, I can't quit it.  So I figured I would make our union public by finally posting pictures of it.  Feels so official.  Do you have one sweater you just can't stop wearing when it's cold? For me... it's this one.

By the way... if you are thinking, these pictures sure look cold and snowy... well, they are.  BUT they were actually taken BEFORE the big blizzard. I haven't ventured out since then.  SO consider these the 'before the blizzard' shots.  After? I would be knee deep in snow and my head plastered with snow.  And that my friends is no exaggeration I am sorry to say.

I've lived in the mid-west my whole life (first Chicago... now Michigan) and I dare say that I have never seen snow like what we got last night.  It was A LOT of snow... to put it mildly.

This is my IT'S COLD face!

If you all were in the middle of the storm... I hope you survived! :)

Sweater, Forever 21 (similar)
Cowl Top, Gap (similar)
Belt, small local boutique (similar)
Bracelet, courtesy of Towne & Reese
Jeans, Gap (similar)
Clogs, UGG


Living Foxy said...

I love the sweater. It looks so cold wherever you live.

So, check out my giveaway.

Lindsay @ Yams said...

I live just outside of Chicago. I know EXACTLY what you mean about the snow! Love that gray sweater! Stay warm :]

Elizabeth said...

I covet that sweater! I have one sweater that I would never take off except I have to go to the office and look put-together most of the time ... I'm jealous that you get to live that dream :)


Jackie said...

Fidel was just asking me last night if you had mentioned anything about the blizzard. I was like "No, it must not be that big of deal-they get snow all the time." Ha! Good luck being snowed in. Love this look-so toasty and cozy.

christina said...

You are so cute. I can't stand it. And I love your sweater. Hope you're keeping warm.

Joy said...

I bought the same cardi from Forever 21 when I was in New York last Jan, but in dark red. It's so snuggly, we're practically married too! They didn't have any other colours in Forever 21 but I managed to find an identical one in grey in Marks & Spencer in the autumn - but at about double the price if my exchange rate calculations were correct!

These will be in my wardrobe for years to come!

Ashley J said...

I would be married to that sweater too if I had it! Love this cozy outfit!

S.E.Minegar said...

Love the sweater cowl neck combo. You look so cozy. Perfect blizzard attire!

My Heart Blogged said...

I really like the sweater, it looks so comfy. I kept wearing the same cardigan for awhile, it got bad real bad, but I finally parted with it.
My Heart Blogged

Nicole said...

I love gray. It's pretty much a staple in my wardrobe. Yours looks very cozy and comfy!

Mommyblogger said...

Who could not LOVE a sweater like that? It's gorgeous and looks very warm!

Sarah said...

My sister lives in chicago and sent me pictures of the snow.. awesome amounts.
Cute sweater and entire look.

40thingsin40days said...

Love your blog! Love the sweater! Love Love Love!

Kirsten said...

I loove this sweater!!
It looks sooo comfy but that belt just jazzes it all up!!


karen★ said...

i've decided why you're so darn beautiful. you just have this really happy glow about you & you look like life is a joyful place to be. even when you're cold!

love the sweater. you look pretty darn cozy!

Linda Rose said...

Love that sweater! It does look super cozy. But your neck is exposed! You must have been freezing!
I really want to know exactly how much snow you got. Like, how many inches? It's making me not want to come home! Arg!

Rachael said...

I have a similar sweater, 100% wool from L.L. Bean, that I actually feel weird wearing out of the house because, even though it's perfectly fine fashion-wise, I only think of it as my cozy sweater!

designgirl said...

Love the swoopy (is that a word?!?) layers! Now I want a a nice chunky cardi to try this look out!

Kate said...

Can I have this whole outfit? Lovelove. I would wear that sweater all the time, too!


Undeniable Style

Jenny said...

I love, love, love that sweater!


site design by kelly christine studio