Tuesday, January 11, 2011

my outfit: nice flare!

I may or may not have gotten my hair (fairly) drastically colored yesterday. I may or may not be (basically) blonde. I've had blonde hair styles on my inspiration board for a while and have been hemming and hawing about it to my hairstylist for probably over a year.

I have to say it's going to take some getting used to... but it looks just like the inspiration. I have a few more outfits in the stock-piles, so you won't likely see the new "do" until next week. Aren't I such a tease!?!?

On to the outfit... here are my gorgeous new vintage flare jeans from Gap. I'm so in love. I love how they *just* brush the ground with wedges on. Like so. They are also the lightest wash of jeans I own, so it's fun to have a new hue in the line up.

It's still pretty cold around here... I'm not going to lie, I pretty much froze in this outfit. But I do it all for style... March can not come soon enough at this point.

Peacoat, Old Navy (similar)
Polka Dot Top, courtesy of Tulle - it's on sale!
Cowl/Snood, TJ Maxx (gift) (similar)
Jeans, Gap (similar)
Wedges, Target (similar)
Earrings, Forever 21


Elizabeth Walker said...

Love this, especially the pea coat. Gap and Old Navy have the best cheap and pretty clothes!


karen★ said...

Love the new jeans! Hate that you aren't sharing the new hair! (i don't know how you do this every day; one day for me completely wiped me out. I definitely have a new found respect for what you do!)

Ashley J said...

I cannot wait to see your new hair color....I will be checking back everyday for sure. Love that top, thanks for letting us know it's on sale too, may have to scoop that cutie up!

Lisa D. said...

I'm kind of excited about all these 70s-inspired flare jeans coming back into style. I've got so many in the back of my wardrobe that I just couldn't part with when skinnies became all the rage. Can't wait to pull them out! This pair looks amazing on you -- love that flowy, polka-dot top, too. Look forward to your new hair! =)

MUG said...

I love your blog! I'm a burnette whose been thinking about going red for a while. If your blonde is as amazing as it could be, your success might just push me to go for it! Thanks for the inspiration!

Andrea said...

Agh, I was so hoping to open this up and see your new blonde bad ass-y-ness!
Great jeans, I am so excited that jeans are going wide/flare again. Gap has been knocking it out of the park with their styles, too.

v said...

Uh YEAH teasing!! Can't wait to see the hair!
Love those jeans, i've been seeing them in GAP lately. Too cute. Love their spring line.
Do you find flares are so much colder in this weather than skinnies? You get used to the warmth on your legs, eh??

Stephanie said...

can't wait to see the hair! bet it looks fabulous. =)

jill said...

i'm a big fan of the flair jeans...just scooped up a pair myself. love how you styled yours.

Nicole said...

Love the outfit! Yeah the girl at AE was telling me that their new flair jeans are supposed to be the hot thing this year...I love Gap....like LOVE them but the closest one is 45 minutes away though. It's freezing here too...beyond cold and nearly unbearable. Can't wait for some outside time again!

LyddieGal said...

The polka dot top is so cute, and I think we are all ready for spring fashion!!

Chic on the Cheap

shealennon said...

I love this fun 70s inspired look! I just bought some flare jeans, and it was fate because you've done all these great inspiration posts for flare-leg jeans! I love what you've come up with!!

adellaavenue said...

Great flares! I like how the infinity scarf balances the look out, too.

-xoxo Noe

annie said...

love those jeans! can't believe we have to wait until next week to see the new 'do. :) you definitely have me in suspense!

MerciBlahBlah said...

I'm clearly behind on checking your blog. LOVE those jeans. Like, love love LOVE them. It's funny, because I have decided in the past few days to go darker with my hurr (Mila Kunis darker). I'm tired of my highlights, so my next appt. is on the 22nd. If I don't chicken out before then, I'll be posting my own before/after photos! Can't wait to see what your blonde looks like!



site design by kelly christine studio