Monday, January 24, 2011

my outfit: au naturale!

I'm sure a lot of you gals can relate... but ever since I had my second child (not my first, for what reason I do not know) my hair has completely changed.  After the first it fell out (per the usual) but then went back to normal.  But with the second it kind of hasn't stopped falling out and regrowing and falling out and regrowing.  My hair dresser tells me every time she does my hair that it's getting curlier... curlier and curlier.  At first I didn't believe her, but it's true.  I've noticed it for real.


And while some days I purposely make it curlier, I usually try to straighten it.  But on this particular day I had to let it air dry because the house and kids were out.of.control. and voila... I put some product in it and fluffed it.  These are natural waves peeps.  I know, I was impressed too.


Anyway... enough of that.


We had major cabin fever on Saturday - it was just SO cold and snowy.  So Sunday we spent galivanting all around town.  Now we are ready to bear down for another cold (but not AS cold) and snowy week.  How was your weekend?

Details:
Cardigan, Target (similar)
White Top, Forever 21 (similar)
Jeans, Gap (similar)
Wedges, Target (similar)
Necklace, Forever 21 (similar)
Cuff Bracelet, Charlotte Russe (similar)

16 comments:

graphpaperheart said...

I love your natural wave! Nice to have options. :)

Meg O. said...

Beautiful natural hair wave! And effortless savvy style :)

Kayla said...

Hey I'll take a gorgeous natural wave. Though I probably won't have two kids to get it! You look great, love the casual jeans with the outfit.

Ramblings of a Small Town Girl

Taunya said...

Like the wave! Love the black/white basics! Our weekend was pretty ho-hum! A couple of playdates for my kiddos and games of twister and pick up sticks then football football football yesterday! Hubby is gearing up for the SuperBowl!

Nicole said...

After years of fighting it, I am embracing my natural wave/curl too...I use a curl boosting product though and a defuser attachment on my hairdryer. Looks great and I actually love it now...Yours looks great too! Love that white shirt btw.

Joanna said...

Love, love, love your blog! Just pointed my readers your way!
www.creatingbetterhabits.com

Jenny said...

I just have the one kiddo and my hair is so different. It fell out post-baby, but so much so that my Dr. was concerned (I had large bald spots). Pre-kid I had curls, lots of curls. Now, it has some wave and that's about it. It's so weird for me to not have that curl - curl I cussed and fought for as long as I can remember. It's totally bizarre what hormones will do...

Bekah said...

The wavy hair suits you! I'm a long time reader, first time commenter, and newbie to the blog world.

Adore the outfit, especially the rolled up jeans/wedges. So cute!

Matters of Merrymaking

v said...

Really pretty today! I love the natural look!
ps. SO excited about your book!

Carol@TheDesignPages said...

My hair also changed after baby #2 but not in a "beautiful wave" kind of way. I still, 9 years later, have baby hairs growing along my bang line that stand up straight from time to time. Lovely!

Today Hilary... said...

my hair changed too after #2...it has a mind of it's own - it's dying to be 80's rock hair

Jill said...

I like the waves! And if it simplifies your morning routine, I say embrace it. I almost bought a white shirt similar to the one you're wearing here, but then my bf said I might look like a waiter in it. But you don't! So I'm newly inspired to buy one like this again.

Kirsten said...

I love how simple this outfit is..but how adorable it is too!!
The jeans make it look less perfect which is awesome!
Another gorgeous look!!

Kirsten
www.travandkirk.blogspot.com

karen★ said...

love!! i really love the long top with the cardigan. darling.

i love the curl in your hair & you are so lucky! i used to have the curliest hair (as in spiral curls...think keri russell on felicity), but after ever baby, a little more of that curl falls out. now i either have to use a diffuser or straighten it. sigh...i miss those felicity days.

bee said...

Ummmm you look BEYOND fab in this post. I just love every part of this look...
xo
BEE

domestikatedlife.com said...

love that white top!


 

site design by kelly christine studio