Wednesday, December 22, 2010

my outfit: lovely layers!

I'm taking liberties with layering these days... partly because I'm desperate to stop shivering from the cold and also because I am CRAVING new clothes but I know deep down I don't need them. I have my eye on a few things for the New Year... but until then, I'll be working to come up with new variations of what I own... who's with me?

Remember this tunic? That outfit was perfect for a fall day... and here, with a deep v sweater over top a new variation for winter. Look at me all remixing my heart out over here. I loved the way the gold tunic played off of the flecks of brown in the buttons.

I bought this tunic YEARS ago from F21... I think it was the first time I ever discovered that store (those were the days!). I was instantly drawn to this color... and I've been seeing it more lately at JCrew and Gap. Awww yeah! I love it when something comes back into "style" while you still own it.

And yes I wore my clogs with socks... I'm nerdy (and cold) like that!

My pastor at church last weekend had a funny quote he got from somewhere (eek! source unknown)... He said "When a woman says she has nothing to wear she means she doesn't have anything new... when a man says he has nothing to wear he means he doesn't have anything clean." How true, how true! My husband immediately gave me the stink eye... he's on to my wiley ways. Ha!

Details:
Tunic, Forever 21 (similar, similar)
Sweater, JCrew Factory (similar)
Jeans, Seven for all Mankind (similar)
Belt, Gap (similar)
Clogs, Uggs

18 comments:

Cathy W. said...

Cute outfit, Jill! I would not have bought that sweater just seeing in online, but now I want it! I love it with your tunic!

Rene said...

You have inspired me to try to rework what I have, sigh. Even though I have nothing to wear :)

-Rene

Jenny said...

LOVE this outfit! That sweater is gorgeous!

annie said...

i love this look! i never would have thought to layer that sweater, but it definitely works. maybe i need to dig through my closet and see what could layer...

Elle Sees said...

really, really like this...and the pop of color.

Mandy said...

LOVE the sweater and the combo of gold and gray is really lovely. The buttons on the sweater add such a unique touch!

Ashley J said...

You look super cute in this outfit Jill!!!

http://www.afashionfixation.blogspot.com

Emily said...

Oh please oh please, share where you got Sweetie Pie Pumpkin Noodle's peacock tree topper! I have been on the hunt for the perfect tree topper, and that has my name all over it! It is just beautiful.
Thanks in advance,
Emily

MJ said...

Love the mustard color. And that quote is too true!! :) Stay warm!!

Meredith said...

I love the outfit!! You're definitely making the "old" clothes work for you. It's inspiring me to do the same. :)

Kristen said...

Cute outfit, Jill! That tunic is so "of the moment" that I had no idea it's been sitting in your closet for ages. Don't you love when that happens?

Elizabeth @claritychaos said...

So did you tuck the tunic into your jeans then? It doesn't look bunchy at all. The color is great. And you are inspiring me to come up with new ways to work what I've got. :)

Jill GG (good life for less) said...

Emily, the peacock for Jackie was from Pier One!

Elizabeth, the tunic is actually really thin, so yep, I just tucked it right in!

Kristen, I really DO love it when things "come back" like that... such a pleasant surprise!

Angeline said...

I LOVE that sweater! The chunky buttons are so cool. Love how cozy it is.

Ann said...

You are so great, love your blog...wish you'd rethink the jeans all the time angle thoug. Do some skinny cargos or skinny five pockets...Merry Christmas and Happy New Clothes!

hellodenj.com said...

haha i love love that quote -

and very cute outfit!


xo denj


ww.hellodenj.com

hellodenj.com said...

haha i love love that quote -

and very cute outfit!


xo denj


ww.hellodenj.com

karen★ said...

this i love. a lot. a whole lot. the sweater is so great & looks great on you!

p.s. your pastor is a genius!


 

site design by kelly christine studio