Wednesday, December 15, 2010

my outfit: color play!

After the 30/30 Challenge was over I have to admit, I had a really hard time pulling outfits together.  I would once again gaze in my closet and weep (well, not really, but almost) that I had entirely NOTHING to wear.  I felt a little (I hate to admit this) that I had worn-out the 30/30 items - how many more variations ARE THERE? - and I was a little lack luster about what clothes remained.  So the last week or so has been me mopping around the house in uninspired outfits.


But then I focused my energy on the principles I learned during the challenge...

  • Trying new things!
  • Mixing new concoctions!
  • Boldly wearing outfits that are out of my box!
  • Being happy with what I have!


And whaddya know? It worked... for some reason it's easier with less selection - but the principles still work.  One thing I admired in other remixers throughout the challenge was the fun they had mixing and matching colors.  Really the challenge is as much fun to watch as it is to participate in, don't you think?


Plus, I haven't worn this velvet blazer yet this season and it really is one of my all time faves.


My little doll was "photo crashing"... at least she brought porridge.  Photoshoots can be tiring.


Details:
Jacket, JCrew (this season's version)
Scarf, Urban Outfitters (similar - SUPER CUTE!)
Jeans, F21 (similar)
Boots, Nine West (similar)
Bracelet, courtesy of Stella & Dot
Earrings, courtesy of Towne & Reese

 

site design by kiki co.