That's a whole lotta me! Wow. But looking at this whole montage... it doesn't LOOK like I was essentially wearing the same stuff for 30 days over and over. Does it?
Here's some of what I learned on the Challenge:
- While I like to think that I am good at fairly incorporating other pant options besides jeans into my everyday wear... I'm just not. Jeans win every time. I'm fine with it. I just sometimes need to remind myself I'm not breaking any rules by only wearing jeans.
- Shoes, shoes, shoes... I need more shoes than four pair. I just do... I have pent up shoe desire from the past 30 days (I'm also a little scared about how it's going to play out... shoe buying rampage, anyone!?!). This was the hardest part of the Challenge.
- Any day I would take items I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE and wear them a lot than items I "kinda like." I absolutely need to keep this in mind while shopping.
- Same goes for fit... I won't buy something that "kinda" fits. It needs to fit like a glove to make the cut. (am I the only one that just grabs stuff in the store with out trying on? bad, bad, bad!)
- Also, gone are the days of buying F21 denim, sorry... it just doesn't make sense. Gap has my heart now.
- Did I mention shoes? More, more, more! (ha!)
- My challenge for fall/winter/spring dressing (doesn't really apply to summer) is layers. They add instant interest and style. All tops I buy need to be able to be layered in some way. This should help me avoid the sweater/jeans rut that I tend towards in the colder months as well.
What did you learn during the Challenge?