Tuesday, December 7, 2010

29 of 30... let it snow!

Nothing says simplicity like black and white. If you are doing the 30/30 Challenge and need some outfit ideas in these final days... pull out the 'ole black and white! (or if you aren't doing the Challenge and just need some outfit ideas!)

I really, really doubted finding something to wear this morning... like, wow. But, hello!?!? How easy is this outfit? And how ready am I to be done with the Challenge? Like, really.


This Challenge is like kryptonite for style bloggers... it can show your flaws in an instant. While I am mostly pleased with all the outfits I have put together - there are definitely some that wouldn't have made the blog-cut if it weren't for the Challenge. But the upside to that is it's added some much needed "real-ness" to the blog world. It's often so easy to only post the good stuff, the inspired stuff, the good hair days, that happy-snappy stuff. But we all know life isn't all happy-snappy-good-hair-days. We can dream that it is, but it's not. Some of the days I didn't even feel like smiling in the pictures. gah.


But then there are the days that you can have some fun throwing snow around! And all seems right!


One more outfit left to go... check back tomorrow, although I am not making any promises on greatness.

Pants and coat courtesy of Tulle.

17 comments:

*starr fish said...

So chic! You could go anywhere in this ensemble. Wish I could wear it to work today. LOL!

Kelly said...

This is such a great outfit and photo shoot with the snow!!! Way to go with the 30/30 challenge. Can't wait to see your last challenge outfit tomorrow!

MerciBlahBlah said...

Love. This. Tis one of my favey faves of yours. That lace blouse? The pants? The flats? The sweet coat? GET OUTTA HERE with that.

U r 2 cute.

Merci!
Shannan

Ashley J said...

You are almost finished with the challenge...I bet you are so excited! Love that pretty lace top and I wish we had snow where I live!

http://www.afashionfixation.blogspot.com

Alessandra said...

Love that lace blouse, love what you wrote AND love that we're almost done with the remix!!!

Lisa D. said...

I love the simplicity of this outfit. It's sleek and polished, and you look beautiful. The red lipstick is a perfect accessory. =)

~Lisa

Les said...

Pretty! I love that top.

Andrea said...

I totally agree with what you're saying about the challenge changing the way you blog. I am noticing it has changed way more about the direction I want my blog to go than how I view my closet.

I am loving the confidence I have gotten just by being forced to take the daily pictures.

Also? LOVE your lippies!

Ashley said...

YaY for theses fun snowy pics! And your outfit is really cute, too! Almost finished...hang in there!

Jenny said...

I need that coat! Love this look, that blouse is fabulous! You are super adorable!

Allison said...

I think this is my favorite outfit on you during your 30/30 challenge. You looked great every single day but I'm a sucker for black and white or cream. It's very chic and sophisticated. Fun photos of you. That first one is beautiful!

ClosetConfections said...

Gorgeous pics! I relied on the b&w combo a few times during this challenge.


Kendra

http://closetconfections.com

maria said...

Jill, your gorgeous......awesome pictures!!! love them and your outfit!!!

Tiffany Strietelmeier said...

Ok so I love this idea.. can you make it work for those of us who are preggers :)))

Lauren said...

Great outfit! I don't know how you are out in the snow with flats on! I would be freezing!!

Kristen said...

This look is so feminine and ladylike - I love it! The ivory and black combination is absolutely beautiful.

karen★ said...

gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous! this looks like something i would wear out to a holiday play or casual party. love it.

the second picture of you is one that your husband should have on his desk. love the lips, skin...you look beautiful!


 

site design by kelly christine studio