Tuesday, November 2, 2010

my outfit: muster!

Well folks... I do believe I am on the mend, but after a whole weekend in bed - I am only at about 50%. I'm not going to go into it all... but it's frustrating. What I WILL go into though is a HUGE thanks to you all for your kind comments and well wishes. I really do appreciate it. They make me happy.


Yesterday it was totally back to business after my son had had a long weekend from school (my kids are so over "let's stay home and snuggle today guys!") and it was back to school/preschool for the kiddos and "work" for me. So I figured I better put some clothes on. I grabbed the five coziest things I was in the mood for (beside my husband's socks and yoga pants with a wife-beater tank - which is seriously what I have been wearing for about four days straight) and this was it.


The good thing about being sick is that I have lost about 5 pounds in the past month... although I totally didn't need to or want to. The bad thing is that when I get my taste buds back and I start working out again my metabolism is going to go nuts and likely I won't be able to stop eating.


The other good news is that I have a rock solid reminder from above on why not to take each day and my health for granted. Seriously... I would do anything for "normal" right about now. My bathrooms (and really the whole house!) would agree!

So what is going on in the world that I have been missing out on? Do tell!

Details:
Jacket, courtesy of Tulle
Scarf, World Market (similar)
Top, Gap (similar)
Jeans, Gap (similar)
Boots, UGG

10 comments:

Kelly said...

Glad to hear you are on the mend!

annie said...

I love that this outfit looks cozy, but still put-together. So glad you're feeling better!

Caitlin said...

glad you are feeling better - you look great !!

Elizabeth @claritychaos said...

glad you're feeling better! looking sexy and sassy as ever. xoxo

p.s. i want that scarf. smmoooch!

kristine said...

You snapped back to cute about three times faster than I did! I was sick over the weekend (of all weekends, Halloween!) and am still in sloppy sick-clothes: yoga pants and a huge t-shirt. Glad you're feeling better!

Linda Rose said...

Glad to hear your feeling better. I am not feeling my best today and am totally in sweats! We all deserve our days to be comfy. Your comfy looks really chic tho. And

Also, you need to do the 30/30. If not for anything else, but to do it with me. When we run out of ideas, we can email and tell each other how to remix some stuff. :) Ha ha!

b.a. said...

you look cute and cozy. i'm committing to treating myself to uggs this year. i'm hoping i can get away with ordering a kids size to save some $$. (maybe i better do that before 30/30 starts!)
eeek! are you doing it??? i've never done it but feel like i should. (even if only for the month of no shopping!)
ugh. wish we were neighbors so we could pick out our 30 together!

b.a. said...

haha, i feel like that was a really weird comment. was it? i was half-watching oprah as i wrote. anyway...i'm glad you're feeling a bit better. i bought a pair of grey harem/knit pants for lounging in so i still feel chic when i feel shitty. (haha, chic & shitty? i love a good alliteration.)

christina said...

Oh, Jill! I'm so sorry you've had such a hard time lately. I'm thinking of you constantly wishing I were close enough to take your kids for the afternoon or bring you dinner. (Not that you'd feel like eating, but you get the picture).

Love the outfit. And I totally agree with how great "normal" is. Take care of yourself!

xoxo

Daphne said...

Sorry you were so sick. Just found your blog and started following. Love how you paired leather jacket and uggs. Isn't it true no matter what you are wearing once you have uggs on it feels like absolute coziness.


 

site design by kelly christine studio