Wednesday, November 3, 2010

my outfit: black is always in!

Isn't that the truth though, that black is always in? I love wearing black... it soothes my soul, like that is my deepest happiness or something. I feel good in my skin in black. Unfortunately for bloggers, black is also hard to photograph. But heck with it. I don't care.


It must be the change in season that has me running for it again... usually I wear it all year long, but this summer I surprisingly didn't wear it much, but now I have for my last couple of outfits! This sweater is the one item in my closet I hope to have forever. I bought it years ago on super discount from Banana... I remember it was like $100 off or something. It's very high quality and fits perfect. I love the big cozy turtleneck and wide arms, but slim fit. I wash it once a year on the hand wash cycle and sweater shave it as needed. Otherwise I just wear it over and over and over again.


Kendi is hosting another 30/30 Challenge... (check my archives HERE for my last go-round) - I am seriously debating participating. Having been so sick lately my whole world is upside down... buuuuuut if you guys really sweet talked me, maybe I could. Oh, and don't tell my husband. He knows it will get me all crazy and would say no... but, between you and me... I'll only go a little crazy - not too much.


The other problem is that I am seriously craving some new clothes... and if I did the challenge I wouldn't be able to buy any - that's the deal. :( But also, I really shouldn't spend money on clothes now anyway with the holidays and what not coming up. So maybe that is a reason I should do the challenge. See how I just talk out of both sides of my mouth like that?


Also, a super sweet little blondie joined me for today's photo. What a doll. I 'made' her be a housewife for Halloween. It was a little sarcastic on my part... of course. You know me, I don't really buy into the whole housewife-thing. But was she the cutest ever or what???






Do you die or what?

Details:
Sweater, Banana Republic (similar)
Jeans, Gap (similar)
Clogs, UGG
Bangles, various

20 comments:

Heather said...

She's adorable in her little spotty robe. I love the sleeves on your sweater. xxoo

kelly said...

your daughter is too cute for words. and the bangles I swoon for

Cathy said...

I think you should definitely participate in Kendi's challenge again! I am thinking about doing it myself....but I still have 2 days to make my final decision. Love that black sweater and I really love you daughter's costume! Too cute!

maria said...

great classic sweater, fits you so well! and that little housewife of yours, what a knockout!!! adorbs!!

Lisa said...

You should definitely do the 30-30-30 challenge! I'd love to see your colder weather remix - pretty please?

The Thibault Fam said...

That is the best costume ever!!! And I absolutely ADORE that sweater!

Holden, Everett, Kim, and, Ian said...

I discovered your blog while you were in the midst of the lat 30/30 challenge and you hooked me. So, now I have decided to participate and would love to see your cold weather outfits to inspire me!

Erin said...

I have this sweater too and I LOVE it! My favorite way to wear it is with leggings and tall tan boots. I bought it before my honeymoon to Paris over New Year's 2008 and wore it almost every day! But now I'm pregnant and I haven't tried to see if it fits. I really hope I can wear it at least once? Maybe?
Love the outfit Jill!

Linda Rose said...

i am all into talking people into doing the challenge. i'm even forcing one of my friends who doesn't have a blog to do it! ha ha! it's all because i don't want to do it alone. come on! do it!

krista said...

i DIE, your daughter is precious! As for the 30/30 challenge, you hit the nail on the head- I've been really wanting to shop and get new clothes, but I think the challenge would inspire me with the pieces I already have...I really enjoyed your pictures during the last challenge, and would love to see you complete it again for the fall!

Jewelscapes Handmade Jewelry said...

Hilarious costume for your little one, so cute!
I love your sweater. Here's a stupid question probably, but may I ask what "sweater shaving" method you use?
Thanks!
jewelscapes.blogspot.com

Dobbygirl said...

Awww, she's adorable! I love that black sweater!!

Lydia Marie said...

You should definitely do the 30 for 30 again! I'm always wanting new clothes, but I know the challenge will give me a new appreciation for the ones I have, or something. And that is the cutest little costume ever!

kristen said...

Your daughter has your pretty eyes!

I joined your blog just as you were finishing up the last challenge, so didn't read about how crazy it made you! :) I'd love to see you mix and match your 30 items, but on the other hand, it's a tough time of year to do the challenge, with fun holiday clothes at all the stores! (See, I can talk out of both sides of my mouth too!) ;)

shealennon said...

Aww, so your daughter's costume might just be the cutest thing I've ever seen!

Milly said...

i live in those type of sweaters
and your daughter is adorable

Daphne said...

Love the sweater and you look so comfy in your clogs. Your daughter's costume is to die for. She is georgous.

MyLittleHappyPlace said...

OMG! CLASSIC costume, and could she BE any cuter?! Yes. I DIE!

spark! (Ada-Marie) said...

I love that black sweater and want to come kidnap it for a while. P.S. Your sweet girl is gorgeous and her costume is fabulous. :)

SamiJ said...

Next year you should make her a 'power' suit and accessorize with a starbucks cup & fake iphone. She could go as a parody of a business woman


 

site design by kelly christine studio