Saturday, November 27, 2010

19 of 30... keep it interesting!

The number one challenge when wearing only 30 pieces of clothing for 3o days is to keep it interesting. To keep me from wanting to make huge sighing or grunting noises while looking at my - very slim - options every morning, to keep me looking and feeling good throughout the day and finally, to keep you guys from saying "these old things again..." every time you visit my blog.


So thank goodness for accessories! I felt like that was the one thing that "made" this outfit remotely interesting. I got this scarf in Vegas while shopping with Jackie and I can't believe it but I forgot I even had it. So that was a fun surprise this morning. Also, the light in my closet has been burned out for like 3 months... so who even knows what else is hiding in there!


It was my intent to take pictures outside... but it was fuh-fuh-fuh-freezing outside today. So first I took pictures inside which was - duh! - dark. And then I talked my kids into "taking turns taking pictures of mommy". They thought this was hilarious. As did I. They took about 100 pictures - here's the decent one. Then we all got frost bite. Oh well, it was fun!


Today's nail polish is Masquerade Belle by Essie. Look at me all painting my nails regularly! Fun! Although I would not recommend painting your nails and then cleaning your bathroom - kind of defeats the purpose. In fact I don't recommend cleaning bathrooms at all! Yuck! But alas, my glamorous life as a housewife has to be lived out at some point. I'll be needing to touch these up soon!

Bracelet courtesy of Towne & Reese... click here for shopping locations. Also, ALL of their pieces are under $50. And the best news is that the generous folks at Shop Queen Street will give you a 10% discount on any Towne & Reese items by mentioning "GOODLIFE" at the checkout!

23 comments:

Heather said...

yes, very cute outfit. love the cargos! you look perfectly put together. gold cuff is way cool. too! cute idea!

abby @ tales and trials said...

Love your new scarf and that gold cuff!

Jenny said...

Adore this outfit the scarf and gold cuff are perfection!!

*starr fish said...

Digging this outfit! Your glasses are so cute too!

Liz @ It's Great To Be Home said...

New to your blog and I am HOOKED! Thanks for all the inspiration. :)

Lisa D. said...

I really love those cargos on you. This outfit looks relaxed and perfect for enjoying the weekend (and maybe a cup of hot chocolate).

~Lisa

b.a. said...

you look adooooorable! i love that scarf. and, of course i love your olive green cargos. i'm such a freak. i would like to wear olive green cargos every day of my whole life. cropped, skinny, baggy, pants, shorts, skirts... as long as they're olive green and cover your lower half, i will wear them.

b.a. said...

p.s. your hair looks long and awesome.

p.p.s you should wear your glasses more often.

p.p.s.s. did you go shopping yesterday? 50% of everything at gap from 6-10?!!! umm, yes please! i won't tell anyone if you cheated. wait, you already cheated with your skinnies! you totally broke the cheating seal, and now you're a cheater. so i hope you cheated yesterday. cause it was worth it.

Ashley J said...

Jill-you look beautiful with your hair curled and those chic glasses! You kids did an amazing job with that last picture, really captures your "happy".

http://www.afashionfixation.blogspot.com

Linda Rose said...

You look so great! This may be my favorite look yet!

Stephanie said...

glasses are ADORABLE. and you are seriously making me consider cutting bangs.

TeachingInHeels said...

I love this one! I love the glasses and scarf with the black, very stylish...

Linda said...

Your hair looks great in these pictures!

The Auspicious Life

austingastronomist.com said...

I love those glasses! Way to keep it fresh, lady!

Anne said...

really cute - love the combination of accessories.

Daphne said...

scarf makes the outfit. Love you in your glasses.

annie said...

What a perfect example of how accessories can really make an outfit look so put together. I love this one! And those glasses? So, so cute!

jill said...

super cute! i love this outfit and you have happy glow :)

Jackie said...

I forgot about that scarf too! It is so cute-love it!

Kate said...

that first pic is STUNNING! Love this look, and your glasses are supercute. this is my first remix and it doesn't feel like it's passing ALL that quickly, haha.

happy remixing!

xo,
kate
Undeniable Style

anna said...

where did you get your glasses? i've been looking all over for some like those!
thanks from memphis, tn!

theputtogethergirl said...

This is an old post, but I just had to say, I NEED all of these items. This outfit is too perfect for words--love!

karen★ said...

this one is now in the running for my favorite as well. love the scarf & the cargos with the glasses & curls. it's like sophistication meets real world "let's clean the bathroom!"!

p.s. pictures by kids are the best. that's how it is with us too...200 pics & hopefully there's one great one. they did a fabulous job!


 

site design by kelly christine studio