Wednesday, November 24, 2010

17 of 30... thankful!

What are you thankful for this season? There is SO much to be thankful for... SO much!

Earth's crammed with heaven, And every common bush afire with God; And only he who sees takes off his shoes; The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.
- Elizabeth Barrett Browning


1. Little sprinkles while you are taking pictures that raise your eyes to heaven.


2. Freedom. For being able to think, write and do what I want. Women haven't always, and still don't, have even half the freedoms we have today as women. I'm thankful for women's rights.
3. Good books. There are so so many. They give me new life.
4. My husband and kids. They bring me so much joy. I need to learn to stop and enjoy them more.


5. Second chances. Whether it's just the sun coming up on a new day, or a chance to be a better mom, or a chance to be a better friend to the second chance in life this blog has given me. I'm thankful for second chances.
6. Shoes. Heaven will be full of great shoes... I'm sure of it.
7. Yummy food. My table will be full of food and people tomorrow. I can't wait. God provides.


8. The little things that my kids will outgrow someday, but that I don't want them to: sweaty sleepy heads, pig tails, small shoes so cute you want to keep them forever, laughing at my jokes, hugging my legs, rhyming books, chiclet teeth and never ending bruised legs.
9. My husband's hard work at his job. He's been there for almost 12 years. He works hard to make our family "work."
10. Blogs.

What are you thankful for? Happy Thanksgiving!

14 comments:

kristen said...

Love your outfit!

I'm so thankful for our home, sitting on the living room couch, watching the snow fly outside (in seattle!), my childrens' sweet, sweet cheeks.

Have a lovely thanksgiving!

Ashley J said...

Aww, I love this sweet post! What a great everyday outfit, the leather jacket and necklace are my favs!

I am thankful for my hubs, my job (sometimes) blogland and people like you that inspire me!

http://www.afashionfixation.blogspot.com

MARIA said...

LOVE this outfit jIll so great and perfect vibe for thanksgiving. all your thankfuls are wonderful too!

Anne said...

Very cute outfit - and great necklace!

Law Mama said...

I really love the turquoise necklace with the leather jacket. Very cool.

Linda Rose said...

Love this! I'm thankful that I am spoiled enough to care what clothes I am wearing and always have a full belly.

karen★ said...

this is so sweet, especially starting out with such a beautiful quote. and i love this outfit! it looks so perfect for an autumn day & you look happy.

p.s. your hair is getting so long!

p.p.s. amen to kids hugging your legs. i almost always fall over, but it's still so dang cute!

Jenny said...

Awww, I love your list! I also adore that necklace! Hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!!

Daphne said...

What a sentimental post. You are so sweet. I am thankful the most for my husband and my two most precious son and daughter and for all my loving and giving family members and my dear friends who know me inside out.

Kate said...

I really like this outfit on you! the jacket is such a gorgeous color, and I love your boots! Our thanksgiving was over a month ago, but hope you have a wonderful one!

AnaLisa said...

This is a very sweet note. :) Thankful for so much tonight. Happy Thanksgiving!

b.a. said...

i'm thankful for YOU!
i loooove this outfit. that necklace!

Nicole said...

Cute outfit! I love all the neutrals with the pop of turquoise. It looks divine with the jacket!

Lauren said...

Love this outfit too! Love the necklace, belt, jacket! Love it all! Happy (belated) Thanksgiving!


 

site design by kelly christine studio