Monday, November 22, 2010

15 of 30... half way, no way?!

Here we go again...
Ohhh ohhh I want some more,
ohhh ohhh what are you waiting for,
say good bye to my heart tonight...
I couldn't choose between quoting that Neon Trees song or Pride and Prejudice... both which I am absolutely loving right now. No matter how far apart the two of them are on the spectrum. So I'll do both...

"All this she must possess," added Darcy, "and to all this she must yet add something more substantial, in the improvement of her mind by extensive reading."

Darcy knows... I can like pop music AND Pride and Prejudice.


I am an avid reader, but right now I am sick of chasing the next big book, the next NYT top 10, the next can't-stop-talking-about-it-or-staying-up-all-night-to-read book. So I am going for the classics, which are a little challenging. So I watched Pride and Prejudice (the 2005 version with Keira Knightley) to help keep my attention with the book. It's working and also... how BRILLS is that movie, I could watch that version over and over and over again. And I just might. Do you have any MUST READ classics? Next up for me will likely be Sense and Sensibility (another movie to "cheat" with) and I really want to get through War & Peace but darn that is long. But Anna Karenina is one of my all time favorites. Maybe I could re-read it. I'm just blabbering now... it is apparent.


All of that has absolutely nothing to do with this outfit of course! I can't believe we are at the half-way point. Party time! Just today I was wishing for my oldest (rattiest) comfiest pair of jeans and my TOMS. I started the Challenge on November 6, so I am slated to finish on December 5. Whoop!

Before we celebrate I still need to come up with 15 outfits... time to buckle down!

16 comments:

Elizabeth @claritychaos said...

I love your rambles. And that you love classic literature and top 40 pop songs. A girl after my own heart...xo

Kayla said...

I love Jane Austen. I re-read Pride and Predjudice every few years and Emma every once in a while. I would like to read more of the classics too. Seems like I should and they're classics for a reason right? I love your layers.

Ramblings of a Small Town Girl

Jackie said...

We downloaded the neon trees song for our Rock Band game and I have been singing it over and over! Ha! I even got 100% (on easy, but still...)

Hate to say I can't get into classics. I read them in school and that is about as far as I go. But I do love the new Penguin Classics for display! Shame on me.

Super cute outfit. Glad to be halfway through, though I am getting bored with my options. I should have picked more sweaters to layer...you live and learn.

Ashley said...

I am loving your layers today!

I haven't read Pride & Prejudice in FOREVER...I think your ramblings have inspired me to pull out my favorite work of classic literature, Wuthering Heights!

Linda Rose said...

Oh, I totally have days where all I want is my comfies too! Ugh. But, at least you look good! He he! Love the layers.

Brittany M. said...

I love: That song, Pride & Prejudice (book and movie), your outfit. (As far as recommending classics go, if you're a Jane Austen fan, I would definitely read Persuasion! It's tied with P&P as my favorite of hers.)

Liz said...

I'm just dying over that color combo of your jacket and top, gorgeous!

b.a. said...

these aren't classics, but just really good oldies:

crossing to safety, by wallace stegner
and
a severe mercy, by sheldon vanauken.

both had a profound impact on me.

(wow, "profound" is not a commonly-
used word in my comments to you! haha. gotta lighten things up a bit by making fun of myself. apparently i'm one of "those" people.)

Cathy W. said...

Love the combination of the sweater with that jacket!

Reagan said...

First, I read P&P every year. It's my fave. And I think the 2005 movie is great.

Must read books for me now: The Hunger Game series. A dystopia series--all my students are talking about them so I'm gonna hit 'em over Christmas break.

Love the layered look!

Erin said...

Pride and Prejudice is one of my top 5 books. I love Mr. Darcy. The layers in this outfit are so great and look so comfortable.

karen★ said...

you look so cozy comfy! i love it...especially with the sweater layered underneath!

i'm with you on the reading...& that Mr. Darcy quote is one of his best. my favorites are definitely anna karenina, anything by ernest hemingway, gone with the wind (not strictly a "classic" but my favorite, emma (that one has a movie too...not six hours long!), the professor (charlotte bronte is amazing), & round it out with a tale of two cities...a long one but well worth it in the end.

sorry, i could talk about this all day....!

~Chelsea said...

Such a cute outfit. I love your jacket!

http://www.maritimeshopaholic.com

Anne said...

Sense & Sensibility is excellent, as is the movie version with Emma Thompson and Hugh Grant. I think I need to go watch it again.

christina said...

Um, SO proud of you for sticking it out with P&P. :)
I'm all about the classics. That's actually what I majored in, so hit me up when you're ready for another good one.

Hope you're keeping warm. Loving the 30/30, btw. I may just have to join in if there's another round. Happy Thanksgiving!

xo

Elizabeth Benfield said...

great outfit!


 

site design by kelly christine studio