Thursday, November 18, 2010

11 of 30... brrring, brrring!

I'll admit... I'm phoning it in a bit here. This outfit is kind of like - duh! Easy, right? I have a feeling that the first 15 of the Challenge will be the "gimme's" - you know, the very obvious outfit concoctions. So luckily I am still in this honeymoon period. From there it may (or WILL!) get much more interesting.



In other news I haven't "done" my hair in a few days... err, maybe more. So each day I keep trying to come up with a new variation on pulled back hair. Low twist, high twist, low pony tail... and so on and so forth. I am JUST just shy of a nice braid length... so stay tuned for that. I probably have a few more months. I do really intend to do it again another time soon. I don't know HOW soon, but soon. There seems to be a lot of harried-ness and running-lateness in our household lately.



Is there much to say about this ensemble... meh, not so much. It was cute and comfy... and WARM. Because darn it if winter is almost here.

14 comments:

allison said...

love the stripes, LOVE the vest, love the shoes and love the skinny jeans-LOVE!

avdesign
http://www.allisonviegerdesign.com/

Jo said...

I love your fur vest. I've been looking for one for a while, but I haven't quite lucked out yet. The last one I tried on made me look like a yeti. :(

Natalie said...

I'm sort of feeling the same way about my first re-mixes~kinda boring... but I have to say--this outfit is not boring at all! That fur Vest makes it so interesting and chic!

kristen said...

I think you look great! Still loving those clogs!

Daphne said...

I love it. I have a very similar ensemble on my list as well. It is effortless but chic. I like your hair like this. :) I do love braids too on days when my hair can't form into any style I do a loose side braid and barrow a fun elastic band from my daughter's collection.

b.a. said...

you & jessica are wearing practically the same thing!

(can we refer to WiW's jessica as just, "jessica"?)

Sarah said...

I'm so in love with your fur vest. Where is it from? Also I'm a little astonished that you're already on outfit number 11, very impressive!
Wearing It On My Sleeves

Jill GG (good life for less) said...

@b.a. - I saw that! How fun!

@sarah - I found it second hand. But I have a run down of some fun vests here... http://goodlifeforless.blogspot.com/2010/09/shopping-guide-faux-fur-vests.html

Rebecca said...

Hi Jill
I just wanted to let you know that your last few outfits have been some of my favorite! Im just a reader, not a blogger and have so enjoyed reading your blog! Sometimes us moms just need the simple formula to add a little umph to our day. Since I have been reading your blog...I go into my closet with so many ideas. And they are simple ideas really, but may have not come to my own mind. Just today I added a belt to a cardigan and skinnys and got so many compliments at my moms group...thanks to you. Just remember at times you are not always blogging for fashion peeps, but just us everyday moms that need you to do the thinking for us. So I say THANKS!
Becca

Linley said...

really loving that vest!

Stephanie said...

just discovered you blog and am so excited to find a style blog by a stay at home mom (i'm one too!) look forward to reading more.

=)stephanie

Elizabeth at Law Mama said...

I'm kind of glad to see a more casual (but still stylish) outfit amongst the remixers. Too many dresses & heels!

You look really cute.

Jill GG (good life for less) said...

@Rebecca, @ Stephanie @Elizabeth - I am here to provide inspiration for fellow moms - so thank you for reading the blog and for reminding me that my style is still pertinent! I appreciate it!

Sarah loves it all said...

Love this vest!


 

site design by kelly christine studio