Thursday, October 14, 2010

my outfit: recuperating!

This was my "back to reality" outfit... after arriving late the night before from Vegas and then waking at the crack of dawn to get the kiddos off to school and back to my own schedule after vacation. I am also still battling a nasty cold and cough - yuck! I was actually pleased when the weather decided to play along with my mood... mild temps, cloudy, thundery and a little bit of rain. SUPER cozy!


And really, what can't an armful of bangle-y bracelets not fix? Perfect to perk up a rainy day!

I picked up this sweater at LOFT in Vegas and it reminded me of my cozy duvet when I got out of bed this morning... so I snuggled back into it for the day. I had actually hoped to do MORE shopping while in Vegas - but this is about all I got. Well, make that more "buying" - we definitely did lots of shopping. But once I started shopping I didn't know exactly what I wanted or needed and felt indecisive.


That must mean it's time for another looks:book - is anyone ready for a winter version? I need to get organized about what is good to buy for winter. Am I alone?



Cozy sweaters like this one are definitely a must! And I busted out the puffer vest that I (almost!) forgot I had! This is an oldy-but-goody from JCrew. That is what I love about JCrew - so classic and high quality that the pieces last for years. This one is seriously from like 2004. Perfect for a cozy, rainy day!


I love to see the sunshine... but sometimes I enjoy a "down" day when the clouds roll in. What about you?

Details:
Puffer Vest, JCrew (similar)
Sweater, LOFT
Jeans, Forever 21 (similar)
Bangle Bracelets, various stores
Clogs, UGG

12 comments:

Cathy said...

I love that pop of orange! I hope you feel better soon!

annie said...

This outfit looks so cozy~ and your glasses are too cute! :)

Debbie said...

really cute Jill and I am so excited to see you wearing sweaters because I live in a cold climate and wear sweaters all winter and it is nice to know I can look good AND be warm!

And yes I am looking forward to a winter looks book!

Do you feel like the puffers you posted the other day are classics like you are wearing in this post?

Debbie said...

Love the glasses too. are they prescription and what brand?

By the way I saw Kate Spade bags similar to your on Gilt yesterday and was so tempted. I love your bag!

spark! (Ada-Marie) said...

Welcome back! It's raining in Richmond today too. I love it! Great sweater -- I may have to go pick one up for myself. The orange puffer is adorbs too. Gotta love old school JCrew. Can't wait to hear about the trip to Vegas!

Dobbygirl said...

Adore the sweater, great buy!!!! You look great! I've been sick as a dog and barely was able to pull on some yoga pants or shorts and a t-shirt. I've had to wear things I didn't mind the little one snotting on. Also been rocking my glasses too. It's been so hot here and I've been in the thick of the hot/cold part of being sick. Feel better!

Jill GG (good life for less) said...

@ Debbie: the puffers I featured earlier this week will all be great for years! I have another Gap puffer coat that I have also worn for several seasons. My glasses are cheapies - I don't even think they are a "brand" technically, I just pick what's cheap at LensCrafters or wherever!

Thanks for the well wishes ladies! I'm trying to talk my kids into staying in bed with me all day - that's not working so well!

Holden, Everett, Kim, and, Ian said...

OOOH, you make me so excited for winter weather. We are just starting to catch a bit of a chill here in Denver and I am waiting to bust out my cozy sweaters. By the way, I LOVE the clogs, I found a cute pair of Cliffs by White Mountain at DSW for $35 and I am already living in them.

Kayla said...

That sweater is amazing! It makes me wish I was cuddled up in bed. You may not have bought anything else, but it looks like what you did buy was perfect!

Kelly said...

What a great sweater! you look so cozy. :)

Jillian said...

I love the outfit! The sweater is adorable.
I am in desperate need of your winter look book! :) I hate winter time, and your adorable looks are just what I need. Bring it on girl!

karen★ said...

So cute...I love the whole look of the pony tail & the glasses; & you do look oh so cozy. I really like the look with the puffer jacket - you are just a dang cute girl, girl!

You are definitely not alone. It's getting cooooold here & I am anxious to get into some warm warm clothes. Warm winter clothes.

I think you & I have the same type of cold...drink hot chocolate & snuggle with your man. And, feel better soon!


 

site design by kelly christine studio