Friday, September 3, 2010

my outfit: September is here!

This is my first official outfit of September! We've had cooler mornings and the longer range forecast shows that temps won't cool off immediately... but more slowly. Which I am fine with. This outfit has a fall look to it, but it's still comfortable enough if the afternoon warms up.

I have been wanting to try the belted scarf look that I have seen other bloggers pull off so brilliantly. At first it feels weird, but I really like the way it looks. It has a boho feel which is a little bit of a change-up for me and the clogs add to that look as well. It's fun to step out of your comfort zone every now and then!

I am so looking forward to a long weekend... after not feeling good this week I am ready to recharge and then full steam to back to school! It's crazy to believe that some schools have been in session for weeks and we are only just starting next week. But I am ready... and so are the kids. We all need a little schedule around here!

Do you have any big plans for the long weekend? We are just sticking around home... hopefully doing some fun stuff with the kids and getting lots of relaxation in!

I have Mad Men on my Netflix queue and my husband and I are going to catch up on each and every episode from the start - hopefully starting tonight. I am very excited for this... I've missed some episodes and sometimes I get a little lost - so now I will be right back on track! What ever you do... enjoy the last official weekend of summer...

T-Shirt, Target (similar)
Scarf, Forever 21 (similar)
Necklace, Banana Republic (similar)
Jeans, 7 for all Mankind (similar)
Clogs, UGG


Linda Rose said...

Oh my gosh. That shirt I love! I saw it yesterday on the Target sale rack, but couldn't find my size! :P I'm going to check out another Target today though. Ha!
This weekend we're having my family over to our house. I think I'm going to go invest a little in having a nice party. And by invest, I mean actually spend money instead of just doing nothing. :) I got inspired by your party posts. Expect one from me next week!

Ashley @ The Hillside Home said...

CUTE. I've never considered belting a scarf, but it looks really cute on you!

dear kate said...

i love this! you look so cozy! i too felt funny the first time i belted a scarf, especially after tim said it looks like when you tuck your dress into your panties on accident - but i love the way it looks! ha!
i really, really need to get mad men on netflix...i've never seen an episode! oops!

Kayla said...

I really need to try the scarf under the belt. I get a crush on it every time I see it. Then totally forget. Mental note... copy Jill!

Ramblings of a Small Town Girl

The Valladolid's said...

This is my first time posting, and I'm sorry it's going to be negative. I do not like the scarf in the belt. It looks like you were in a hurry in the bathroom and accidently tucked your scarf in your belt. I follow your blog and most of the time you look pretty cute. :)

b.a. said...

your hair is getting so long!!! YAY!

karen★ said...

well jill, MOST of the time you look pretty cute...


this day is definitely one of them! (sorry, i couldn't help it!) i've never seen the belt done like that, & i might have to give it a whirl. my favorite part are the super long jeans over the clogs. you look super septembery!

i've never seen mad men...maybe we'll give it a try this weekend too....AND i finally found the perfect color for my kitchen walls, so we are painting! no more yellow!

Ane said...

It is going to be a long weekend here in Brazil (September 7th is our Independence Day) for most Brazilians but I will work on Monday:-P
At least traffic will be much better and on Tuesday I can choose between going to the beach or staying home doing nothing...Have a nice weekend!

Dobbygirl said...

Adorable, perfect Fall outfit! Of course down here I can barely think about scarves or pants even. I'm wondering when it will ever drop below 90 - LOL!

Elisa @ What the Vita said...

Love that belt! Where did you get it?

Jacinta said...

I love doing the belted scarf but I think it really needs to be a thicker scarf (or a wrap) so that it covers more of your front so that it looks more like a top.

I did it like this if you want to look:

But overall the outfit does look fab! :)

This weekend I'm trying to organise myself as I'm not wearing any denim for 1 week! Yikes - have a ton of ironing to do!

Nicole said...

I can't even think of scarves right now! It's still very hot here in NC! I have quite a collection now though so it will be fun to pull them out when it finally does get cool and see what I have...enjoy your weekend :)

GemsByEm said...

Love this look - those Seven jeans are my favorites, and it's just now cooling off so that I can wear them again. Clogs are on my shopping list!


site design by kelly christine studio