Thursday, September 9, 2010

my outfit: event!

I was able to get out of the house recently for a really cool event in downtown Grand Rapids. It was urban-y and fashion-y and all around inspiring. I hope to bring more details about it to you soon... in the meantime, here's what I wore.

I will say right off the bat that this was NOT what I had planned... I had a last minute wardrobe malfunction with the outfit I WAS going to wear, don't you hate that? So this was definitely a "safe" alternative. A black top and big earrings, duh!



As a mom do you ever feel like you are a blur just running around like crazy? I served dinner at 5:15 and we had to be dressed and downtown by 6:15... I was flying through the house, the kids were screaming, my husband was trying to take my picture and general craziness was happening.



Thus, blurry pictures.



I took some iphone photos and there was also a professional photog there (I'm secretly hoping he posts some stuff to FB so I can "borrow" them). But I will have details soon!

Details:
Top, Gap
Earrings, Amrita Singh (similar... I got mine at GILT)
Jeans, Seven for all Mankind (similar)
Wedges, Cynthia Vincent for Target (similar)
Clutch, Target (similar)

14 comments:

Elena said...

Cute outfit, hot mama! So simple, but so polished and perfect. Hope you had fun!

b.a. said...

i love that GAP top! i saw it in the store & was unsure...but i'm totally convinced now!

Mandy said...

Blurry photos and all you still look super cute. Love the simplicity of the outfit with the fun earrings.

Marden Family said...

Great choice! I just picked that top up over the weekend and can't wait to wear it. Super comfy, versatile, and stylish. And yes, I'm convinced that's why the days go by so fast once you have kids- you never get to stop moving! :)

Dobbygirl said...

Cute! Love the top and earrings! Your hair is really getting long!

Linda Rose said...

so funny, this it totally my go-to outfit for nights out too jeans and a black top. it always looks good! you look fabulous. loving those shoes! ;)

kristen said...

I'm on my way to the Gap...

You look great! So classy and chic.

karen★ said...

I loooove that they are blurry! They look artistically beautiful. This is definitely my go-to outfit for quick date nights. Easy peasy.

p.s. you look so hot!

Jessica Hills said...

I love this outfit! Thanks for stopping by my blog! I just had to share my favorite style inspiration blog with all my readers, so thank YOU!

Naomi said...

Love the outfit! and the jembe (drumm) the perfect accessorie for a nigh out...plus it goes with the earings :)

milk tea + polkadots said...

Haha...love the blurry pics and ur earrings. I've always wondered how you usually take your photos. Camera on a tripod with timer??

Jill GG (good life for less) said...

Naomi, isn't that so random that the drum got in the picture!?!? That is how rushed I was... usually I get the kids toys out of the way! Ha!

Milk Tea, I usually set up the camera with a timer, but when my husband is home I have him take them!

Jacinta said...

You look great even with the blurry pics... and I'm a big fan of long dangly earrings!

www.modelmumma.blogspot.com

PS~Erin said...

This is my go to outfit as well. Something abt jeans and a black shirt make me feel more dressed up. You looked great!


 

site design by kelly christine studio